WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

tumblr_p5jsamt4qR1qmxl3ko3_400.gif

This is why mah boy Pink has exiled himself into oblivion. This and Star Wars dying at the ehands of the MCU of course.

Maybe he comes back now that the MCU has also imploded and it will deliver an under 200M grosser.

Of course it won't go over 100M. It will do like 30/60 or something like that. Depends on how bad the reviews/WOM are.

Dude, c'mon, this is not gonna make less than 200 :lol: Even the stinkage of Thor 2 managed to pull that number off, and this has Summer weekdays to its disposal.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This would be the first July/August stretch since 2005 to not have at least one 300+ grosser or one 250+ if nothing does it. If you adjust, then you have to go all the way back to '95 to find that stretch without a 250+ grosser. Historically speaking, something is extremely likely to do it. Fallout is the strongest contender, though I could see CR maybe doing it as well. Either way, I think Fallout is poised to breakout. 

Doubtful.  The trailer makes it look like every other MI movie.  Seriously, this movie looks EXACTLY like the last one.  Hard to get excited over something you've seen eight million times already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Dude, c'mon, this is not gonna make less than 200 :lol: Even the stinkage of Thor 2 managed to pull that number off, and this has Summer weekdays to its disposal.

Much like all MCU movies after Avengers, that one also opened above Ant-Man 2 :hahaha: 

• Like 3

:gold: Bad OW, awful preview multi. Can’t win em all I guess, but it’s pretty unfortunate that such a great movie will underperform like this. Oh well, at least Ant-Man 3 will get the character 100+/300+

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, L Silverman said:

Doubtful.  The trailer makes it look like every other MI movie.  Seriously, this movie looks EXACTLY like the last one.  Hard to get excited over something you've seen eight million times already.

Marvel serves more of the same too and people flock to their movies.  If it's as good as RN i'd be very pleased. Love that movie

• Like 1

So certain people are so triggered over AM2 less-than-stellar OW that they need to go back to the tired #GalGadotCannotAct dead-horse? Why not bring JL flopped, BvS was awful, nobody remembers Avatar and Titanic was only a hit because teenage girls while we're at it? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

lol

Fortunately Captain Marvel doesn't need to be overshadowed by a man like Wonder Woman. 

Lol stop

If Captain Marvel can be half as good as Wonder Woman it’ll be an achievement 

Just now, andersonhoran said:

Mar-Vell is not really Carol's love interest.

They had a brief romance when they first met, but their respect was mutual and 'friendly', after she gained powers, she looked Mar-Vell more as her ''mentor''.

I think they will not get into the ''love interest'' between them and will focus on showing Carol as a more independent woman.

Samuel XL Jackson as Thicc Fury will be her love interest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ant-Man and the Wasp bowed a little lower than I was expecting, but it's still a good opening. It opened 32.9% ahead of the first Ant-Man, which is about in line with the jump The Dark World had over the first Thor. The character is definitely one of the lesser ones in the cinematic universe, so it makes sense that turnout wouldn't be massive. Audiences appear to be enjoying it and the July release schedule looks relatively lean, so I expect decent staying power and a domestic total north of $200 million.

Incredibles 2 held up really well. As long as it can keep the solid drops and strong weekdays performances up despite the arrival of competition from Hotel Transylavnia 3, it can make a strong run at the $600 million milestone.

Jurassic World took a rough hit against Ant-Man. We'll see whether it can put up the staying power necessary to hit $400 million, but it will at least land close to that mark.

The First Purge had a solid opening. The Wednesday start makes for difficult comparisons with the previous films, but hitting something close to their opening marks in five days is good considering that we're talking about a prequel opening in the middle of the summer.

Sicario had a huge drop, though that doesn't come as a surprise in the face of lukewarm word-of-mouth and tough competition. Even so, it will still surpass its predecessor's $46.9 million domestic gross.

Uncle Drew also put up a poor hold, but it will be a winner against its small budget.

Sorry to Bother You performed well in limited release. Here's to hoping it can be at least a minor breakout success when it goes wide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Only rival fanboys mock or meltdown over 32% increase.

Hollywood has a word for a 32% increase for a sequel...

What is that word?

Oh right, "a success". :hahaha:

AntMan’s sequel increased over the original. How many other of our fave franchises can claim the same?

• Like 1

Just now, StevenG said:

So certain people are so triggered over AM2 less-than-stellar OW that they need to go back to the tired #GalGadotCannotAct dead-horse? Why not bring JL flopped, BvS was awful, nobody remembers Avatar and Titanic was only a hit because teenage girls while we're at it? 

but this is true. lol  you mustn't have been  a teenage girl when leo mania happened haha

12 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Gal Gadot is a terrible actress. 

They need Chris Pine to hold the movie. 

You think people give a damn about her acting? Most moviegoers for WW either were fans of the character and what she represents or they were fans of Gadot.

Y’all keep on sleeping on Venom when there’s obviously an interest evidenced by high trailer views. Yes it doesn’t look the best but there’s an audience for it. 

I honestly can see a Homecoming esque run if it’s good.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Gal Gadot is a terrible actress. 

They need Chris Pine to hold the movie. 

What does this have to do with anything? Also:

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Much like all MCU movies after Avengers, that one also opened above Ant-Man 2 :hahaha: 

It sure did, and it probably didn't deserve it (I haven't seen Ant-Man 2, though), but it also came out in November. This is Summer, especifically July, and every single MCU movie that opened in July got to a 2.71x multiplier, which would be good enough to get AMATW to 200+. Hell, it only needs 2.64x to get there. Considering War For The Planet Of The Apes got a 2.61x last year, I doubt a family friendly cbm wouldn't rally enough to cross 200.

Then again, I certainly didn't think this would have the lowest IM ever for the franchise, so what the hell do I know :ph34r: 

(Also, Ant-Man 1 opened below this one and that made 190M; don't think the sequel has toxic wom alas Iron Man 2 to decrease or fail 200 :P)

Edited by MCKillswitch123