That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't imagine why anyone would want to see a Mission: Impossible movie in 3D.

I don’t know anyone who wants to see any movie in 3D nowadays. They should’ve jumped on this train back in Ghost Protocol if they wanted to benefit from it.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

3D is dying out and the age range to see this skews older than the people who got caught up in the latest round of it.

Oh, I'm not surprised. Probably would have benefited theaters to just have more 2D showings though, instead of empty theaters.

MI6 = 67.2m with  POTA 3 - 11.2x multi off $5.5m previews 

MI6= 55.2m with Dunkirk: 9.2m multi but it was IMAX heavy so not as much room for growth

MI6 =  $70.2m with EQ 11.7m multi with just $3.1m previews (but that's lower than the 13.89 multi MI5 had off of $4m)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

MI6 =  $70.2m with EQ 11.7m multi with just $3.1m previews (but that's lower than the 13.89 multi MI5 had off of $4m)

EQ 2 started previews at 4, no? when did MI-F start?

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

I don’t know anyone who wants to see any movie in 3D nowadays. They should’ve jumped on this train back in Ghost Protocol if they wanted to benefit from it.

3D still works OS. It's more a play to increase WW box office than Domestic.

• Like 1

The Equalizer opened with $1.45 million in Thursday previews and a $35m debut weekend back in September of 2014

EQ2 3.1M Thursday and 36M weekend

So even tho the previews doubled, the opening weekend remained the same

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

The Equalizer opened with $1.45 million in Thursday previews and a $35m debut weekend back in September of 2014

EQ2 3.1M Thursday and 36M weekend

So even tho the previews doubled, the opening weekend remained the same

The first Equalizer opened in late September though so previews are gonna have bigger jumps. Also, being a sequel made it more frontloaded. Fallout at least compared to RN is facing the same set of circumstances

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Solid start.

I'll say this for the younger crowd: Tom Cruise has alienated alot of people, and he certainly doesn't resonate with my generation like he does with older folks - in fact, to many people I know, he's actively off-putting. His movies now have a cap because of it. (I like and see all his movies btw)

All he has to do is quit Scientology. Say he’s a changed man and he’ll be back on track. 

• Like 1

The franchise is still after 6 movies! 3D or not this is a very good start! Considering the film is coming off a very sucessful and well-received fifth entry, the film should be doable for a debut around $60 million or even more than $60 million or so. 

That’s not bad for Teen Titans, with that preview number it should do high teens to $20 million. 

14 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

All he has to do is quit Scientology. Say he’s a changed man and he’ll be back on track. 

My conspiracy theory professor told me and other students that Cruise had gotten out of Scientology but I'm not really sure to be honest.

• Like 1

Digital Cinema runtimes and attachments for next week:

Darkest Minds: 1:37. Attachments unknown (likely The Hate U Give and Alita)

Christopher Robin: 1:38. Attachments are Dumbo and Mary Poppins Returns (surprisingly, no new trailer)

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 1:45. Attachments are A Simple Favor and Robin Hood.