sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP tracking and TCs https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-halloween/

Halloween: 60/142 (50-85M OW)

HOLY FUCK :ohmygod:

Searching: 1,100

The Nun: 3,500

Peppermint: 3,200

God Bless the Broken Road: 750

Ouch at Searching

The Nun only getting 300 more theaters than Peppermint is surprising to me tbh. Thought it would be closer to 4000. Would it have to do with drive ins starting to close around September? 

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Nun only getting 300 more theaters than Peppermint is surprising to me tbh. Thought it would be closer to 4000. Would it have to do with drive ins starting to close around September? 

Nah, that shouldn’t have an effect. I imagine it gets close to 4k; there’s still two weeks left

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP tracking and TCs https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-halloween/

Halloween: 60/142 (50-85M OW)

HOLY FUCK :ohmygod:

Searching: 1,100

The Nun: 3,500

Peppermint: 3,200

God Bless the Broken Road: 750

Ouch at Searching

I'm not surprised. Sony hasn't been marketing it at all. Won't be surprised by sub-$3M for the 4-day next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Halloween will open over $100M 

Book it 

[ insert kim k it is what she deserves gif, only not because god damn you mobile]

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not surprised. Sony hasn't been marketing it at all. Won't be surprised by sub-$3M for the 4-day next weekend.

The recent events have definitely hurt it. This was supposed to open in 2k theaters, and now that TC has pretty much been slashed in half.

The reason why Crazy Rich Asians and that Mark Wahlberg movie have such small percentage drops on Thursday is because they were available to Movie Pass users on Thursday. They are not about to see high percentage jumps on Friday for that reason. The Help actually increased on its second Thursday while still only managing to jump about 60% on Friday, so Crazy Rich Asians is probably not jumping anything bigger than that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

The reason why Crazy Rich Asians and that Mark Wahlberg movie have such small percentage drops on Thursday is because they were available to Movie Pass users on Thursday. They are not about to see high percentage jumps on Friday for that reason. The Help actually increased on its second Thursday while still only managing to jump about 60% on Friday, so Crazy Rich Asians is probably not jumping anything bigger than that. 

Except CRA Best the Help last Friday % wise?

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

Halloween will open over $100M 

Book it 

I doubt even in 60m, so .. nope.

Hype about IT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hype about Halloween.

Maybe marketing from Universal can change things.  Even Nun a month ago looked a little more hyped.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

3 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I doubt even in 60m, so .. nope.

Hype about IT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hype about Halloween.

Maybe marketing from Universal can change things. 

IT opened well above $100M 

I didn’t say Halloween would open above IT. I said it would clear $100M which would could be $100.1M and considering its only August, I’m not sure why Universal needs to start marketing it especially since once fall comes around, the movie pretty much markets itself 

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

said it would clear $100M which would could be 

I understand. But now it doesn't look huge even for 80 mln. Now I see you make your bold forecast only because of the name of the franchise, which returns in the "golden era for horrors".

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The only movie available on my MoviePass app right now is The Happytime Murders lol. Nice try MoviePass but no, not even for "free."

maybe critics are wrong about Muppets...

Edited by KeepItU25071906

19 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I understand. But now it doesn't look huge even for 80 mln. Now I see you make your bold forecast only because of the name of the franchise, which returns in the "golden era for horrors".

maybe critics are wrong about Muppets...

I mean with all due respect, not many people thought IT was opening over $100M either. In fact, there was a club for it and the amount of people IN was way less than the amount of people OUT. 

And IT wasn’t tracking anywhere near $100M either. 

And im not just making my forecast because of the franchise. I’m also considering its release date. It has the potential to be the perfect storm at the box office. 

Edited by Nova

Global Road Woes Mounting As ‘A.X.L.’ Looks Likely To Add To Woes

https://deadline.com/2018/08/global-road-woes-mounting-1202451993/

The town is lamenting the expected loss of another independent company, as Global Road heads into a weekend releasing A.X.L., a film that will likely tip it into some kind of default situation with the banks that earlier this week took control of its domestic theatrical business.

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY MIDDAY: At this point in time, industry matinees show Warner Bros. Crazy Rich Asians prevailing over STX’s The Happytime Murderswith $21M-$23M, -18% for weekend 2 on its way to $74.8M on the high end. Crazy Rich Asians is bound for a $6M Friday.

Happytime Murders is eyeing $11M-$13M after a $950K start last night. Friday is projected at $4.5M. Truth be told, gotta give this R-rated pic a shot to leg out until tonight as the stoners and young folk head to late showtimes. Warner Bros. The Meg is looking to take third behind Happytime, however, there’s a chance it could outstrip as it’s landing in the same weekend bandwidth. By Sunday, on the high end, Meg could reach $105M+

Paramount/Skydance’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout is heading for 4th with $7.3M in weekend 5, -32%, which would put the Tom Cruise pic at $193.2M by Sunday.

Disney’s Christopher Robin is No. 5 in weekend 4 with an estimated $6M, -32%, with $77.2M by Sunday.

Global Road’s robotic dog A.X.L. is going to the dogs with a forecasted $700K today, $2.1M opening.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 4
  • ...wtf 1

https://deadline.com/2018/08/melissa-mccarthy-happytime-murders-crazy-rich-asians-meg-weekend-box-office-1202451694/

2ND UPDATE, FRIDAY MIDDAY: At this point in time, industry matinees show Warner Bros. Crazy Rich Asians prevailing over STX’s The Happytime Murderswith $21M-$23M, -18% for weekend 2 on its way to $74.8M on the high end. Crazy Rich Asians is bound for a $6M Friday.