CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

I know this movie is going to more then likely be terrible but damnit if I haven't been waiting for this to be made. I'll be there opening night, it just sucks because I'll probably never get a live adaptation of Wizards and glass which is one of my all time favorite books. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alli said:

I doubt this will bomb on OW. There seems to be interest in it. It has 30k votes on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yes but the movie was announced so long ago that a lot of that is carryover.  It hasn't grown much over the past month which indicates buzz is rather muted.

3 hours ago, theStun said:

I know this movie is going to more then likely be terrible but damnit if I haven't been waiting for this to be made. I'll be there opening night, it just sucks because I'll probably never get a live adaptation of Wizards and glass which is one of my all time favorite books. 

I feel your pain. What a damn shame.

• Like 1

Everyone wants to bash Sony's critical misses, but let's just remember a few weeks ago they gave us one of the coolest, most fun, thrilling, fucking awesome films of the year!

im talking about Baby driver of course

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Everyone wants to bash Sony's critical misses, but let's just remember a few weeks ago they gave us one of the coolest, most fun, thrilling, fucking awesome films of the year!

Reveal hidden contents

No really?  I thought you were talking about Emoji Movie

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Reveal hidden contents

I give Edgar Wright all the credit. Same with Marvel and Homecoming. 

8 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I give Edgar Wright all the credit. Same with Marvel and Homecoming. 

Yea I'd give marvel a lot of credit for homecoming for sure, ditto to wright for Baby driver.

But why flack for Sony for Dark Tower?

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea I'd give marvel a lot of credit for homecoming for sure, ditto to wright for Baby driver.

But why flack for Sony for Dark Tower?

I honestly think people are doing it because it's easy to kick someone when they're down. Especially with TDT following so soon after The Emoji Movie. As a King fan I'm remaining cautiously optimistic but so far it's not looking good. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

While the two men deny this and insist their joint contribution was limited to giving the director notes, one insider said that Rothman spent hours in the editing bay offering his input.

Rothman :stretcher:

Edited by XO21

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

‘The Dark Tower’: Clashing Visions, Brutal Test Screenings Plagued Journey to Big Screen

Despite the mixed buzz, “The Dark Tower” is tracking to open in the mid-$20 million range.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-dark-tower-making-of-stephen-king-1202511835/

Yikes.  Tom Rothman strikes again.