CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

23 hours ago, DAJK said:

Well, the first Dark Tower book IS extremely short. How close is the movie supposed to follow it?

It's supposed to be a.. Hmmm... Meta-sequel to it? Alternative version of it? Something like that.

But yeah, the first book's length is pretty much the thing that makes me say "ok, could work out fine" to this movie's length.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I assume a "not" is missing in there somewhere. I'll do the honors for @CJohn: RIP this movie.

People were ready to declare this movie dead before the first trailer even dropped(check back) so eh, whatever, I'll be there unless the reviews make it sound like it's nothing like the actual books.

• Like 2

95 minutes not including probably 8-10 minutes of credits?   Damn.

Finally saw the trailer on the big screen and it was sadly underwhelming. 

I just don't know how they could mess up the book when it's so damn streamlined and is the easiest Dark Tower to translate to the screen, maybe even the easiest King book.

• Sad 2