Eric Atreides

The Gentlemen l STX l January 24, 2020 | Guy Ritchie directs l COLIN FARRELL IS HERE l Also Matthew McConaughey, Henry Golding | Hugh Grant in fine form.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/matthew-mcconaughey-kate-beckinsale-henry-golding-toff-guys-1202970513/

Guy Ritchie has tapped top-tier talent to lead his big-screen return to British crime dramas, “Toff Guys.”

Matthew McConaughey, Kate Beckinsale, and “Crazy Rich Asians” actor Henry Goldingare set to star in the film.

Ritchie will direct and produce from a script he wrote with Marn Davies and Ivan Atkinson. The story explores the collision between European “old money” and the modern marijuana industry. It follows a British drug lord attempting to cash out on his highly profitable empire by selling it off to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.

“McConaughey as the inside outsider with Henry and Kate will make for a thrilling Guy Ritchie ride,” said Miramax CEO Bill Block.

Miramax paid a whopping $30 million to pick up worldwide rights to the drama at the Cannes Film Festival. Production is set to start this fall in England. Bob Osher (chief operating officer and general counsel) and Matthew Anderson (VP of development and production for film and TV) will be supervising on behalf of Miramax.

• Astonished 2

Miramax! 😀 

This cast is a very intriguing one! Matthew McConaughey is gifted, Kate Beckinsale is underrated, and Henry Golding is a star! I'm intrigued by the cast alone, because I'm not usually interested in films of the drug crime subgenre. (Though I do think the drug-crime anime Banana Fish is excellent.)

First Ritchie film I am really interested in in a long time.

He does crime dramas really ,really, well;have not been impressed by his work as a "blockbuster " director. Happy to see him return to his roots, and what he is good at.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Great rebound for Ritchie, free from studio interference and marketing sabotage.

I agree with you but this post made me lol.

In any case, it's great that Ritchie is going back to his British crime/gangster caper roots. I hope he knocks this one outta the park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1