Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Ryan Coogler made it clear that he was completely unaware of Chadwick Boseman’s illness. The movie was very much supposed to have T’Challa as the main character. 

damn...that made me lower my expectations on the movie a bit. So did he have to rework the entire script from the start or was it still in early stages when he got to know about Chadwick's illness ?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

people are having fun with it. To me, underwater birth in both movies (I've no doubt Winslet in Avatar 2 will give birth like that) is most hilarious similarity because it's a plot point. Baby Namor and baby whoever.

I've heard rumors... There's more to this here

16 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

damn...that made me lower my expectations on the movie a bit. So did he have to rework the entire script from the start or was it still in early stages when he got to know about Chadwick's illness ?

I believe it was stated that he submitted the first draft shortly before Boseman’s passing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

They had a script treatment at D23 in 2019. I'm guessing Namor was still in it but given how much the story involves the reaction to his death I'm guessing everything else changed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

For posterity first hour trailer likes 148k (views 1.3m). Weak but understandable given it was overshadowed by Avengers announcements. 

Go look at the Twitter views likes. To be fair, this came out late in America we’ll have to see what it looks like in 24 hours.

It is a very well done trailer. But for some people that don’t follow the production timeline very well may left confused if Boseman will be in the movie.

So if there is no changes of release date, we will see three movie with some element of similarities , BP2, avatar2 and aquaman2 all released in the span of 5 months. 

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It is a very well done trailer. But for some people that don’t follow the production timeline very well may left confused if Boseman will be in the movie.

So if there is no changes of release date, we will see three movie with some element of similarities , BP2, avatar2 and aquaman2 all released in the span of 5 months. 

????He doesn't appear once in the trailer.... Man died 2 years ago 

That is a fantastic trailer. It has everything you want - beautiful imagery, stylistic action, an emotional arc - without spilling the entire narrative of the film. Impressive!

This may be one of the occasional MCU films I see in theatres. It’ll probably come down to reviews.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

That transition from the bridge of No Woman No Cry to Kendrick's Alright is an all timer and I can't believe nobody in this thread mentioned it. The best use of popular music in a trailer since the first Us trailer.

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That transition from the bridge of No Woman No Cry to Kendrick's Alright is an all timer and I can't believe nobody in this thread mentioned it. The best use of popular music in a trailer since the first Us trailer.

100% who ever arranged the music needs to recognition tbh. 

Also I need a full cover of Tems singing No Woman No Cry 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1