Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Would anyone protest Shuri as BP so much if it wasn't for VaxGate? I remember when Infinity War came out and asumption was that Shuri survived, social media was rooting for Shuri to be BP while T'Challa was dusted off. No one was bringing up other characters as possibility even though Okoye and M'Baku survived. Turned out, she was dusted too. So before VaxGate, Panther Shuri was a popular thing cause, guess what, makes more sense than anyone else. And that's all that matters whether something makes sense. Dislike the actress all you want but her character has better foundation for BP journey than other avaliable characters. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Would anyone protest Shuri as BP so much if it wasn't for VaxGate? I remember when Infinity War came out and asumption was that Shuri survived, social media was rooting for Shuri to be BP while T'Challa was dusted off. No one was bringing up other characters as possibility even though Okoye and M'Baku survived. Turned out, she was dusted too. So before VaxGate, Panther Shuri was a popular thing cause, guess what, makes more sense than anyone else. And that's all that matters whether something makes sense. Dislike the actress all you want but her character has better foundation for BP journey than other avaliable characters. 

Who gives a fuck about VaxGate anymore? My reason for being against Shuri is because she was by far the weakest female character in the last film and found her pretty annoying at times.

I think many characters could work as BP (Nakia was probably my first choice) but Shuri is a worthy choice. Watching her grow into the role that she initially seems unsuited for could make for a really good movie. If Coogler makes that journey work emotionally, that will win over the naysayers. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Who gives a fuck about VaxGate anymore? My reason for being against Shuri is because she was by far the weakest female character in the last film and found her pretty annoying at times.

which is perfect for character's hero journey. 

• Like 5

I would most prefer Nakia (hence my last post). However, the mere fact that Shuri wasn't really a fighter, was young, cocky, more of a braniac, and certainly the least physically imposing could make for the biggest journey. She comes across as the least likely to be able to face down Namor and/or Namora and/or Attuma. But that makes room for the most growth. So I trust Coogler. Shuri makes sense because she's SO down and out from the looks of it in the trailers that rising up against all odds is a great story despite what you thought of the character or the actress.

And yeah, I couldn't care less about her vax opinions any more. I am extremely pro-vaccine and teach about it at school, but it's time to just let that go as a foolish opinion and not let it get in the way of what looks to be a great movie!

Tickets on sale, great trailer, and like 5 or 6 posters today! What a day!!!

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yes, I hate her character from the first movie and wish she wasn’t even in this one. For me she’s worst character in the whole mcu. But I’m only commenting cause you asked, normally I try and stay out of conversations for my movies I’m not really interested in. If Namor wasn’t in this I probably wouldn’t even see it in theatres, didn’t love the first movie and haven’t been impressed with marvel lately.

Everybody be speculatin' but none of us really knows what happens by the *end* of the movie...that's what the *story* will be at least somewhat about...who is *worthy* of taking up this mantle...and how they earn it.  I respect Marvel for prominently featuring Leticia Wright in the marketing considering the behind-the-scenes issues...which will obviously not be discussed on the press tour... but I still think we could be seeing an after-effect of all this as the film itself plays out...  And it's still nothing compared to what Warner Bros./DC has to deal with on their upcoming tentpole!

Edited by Macleod

Can they pull a shazam? meaning that by the end of the movie there are multiple black panthers?

Is there any comic literature that could justify something like that?

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

The thing is people don't like such shit. If you want to make female lead movie introduce new female character like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. Black Panther character was a male. If Batman name was just Bat and if DC had change the gender of the character would people have liked it? The actual reason behind not recasting T'challa was they wanted a successful female lead movie & this was the only way they can have another Billion dollar female lead movie. People would still watch this movie but not because of lead character but because of goodwill of T'challa & Wakanda.

Edited by Factcheck
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

20 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

The thing is people don't like such shit. If you want to make female lead movie introduce new female character like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman. Black Panther character was a male. If Batman name was just Bat and if DC had change the gender of the character would people have liked it? The actual reason behind not recasting T'challa was they wanted a successful female lead movie & this was the only way they can have another Billion dollar female lead movie. People would still watch this movie but not because of lead character but because of goodwill of T'challa & Wakanda.

You say that is if there isn’t a Batgirl and a Batwoman. Besides, Shuri being Black Panther does have actual precedence in the comics. The Black Panther is a mantle that’s passed down from generations. Of course, even if it weren’t, legacy characters are a thing in superhero comics. Dick Grayson isn’t the only person who’s donned the Robin moniker, for instance. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

You say that is if there isn’t a Batgirl and a Batwoman. Besides, Shuri being Black Panther does have actual precedence in the comics. The Black Panther is a mantle that’s passed down from generations. Of course, even if it weren’t, legacy characters are a thing in superhero comics. Dick Grayson isn’t the only person who’s donned the Robin moniker, for instance. 

Yeah there is a Batgirl and a Batwoman but without cancelling Batman. Also if something wrong happened in comics should be repeated in movies? & no one cares what happened in comics.

• ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Yeah there is a Batgirl and a Batwoman but without cancelling Batman. Also if something wrong happened in comics should be repeated in movies? & no one cares what happened in comics.

If you don’t want Shuri to be Black Panther and think they should’ve recasted, fine. But your reasoning is just plain dumb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Can they pull a shazam? meaning that by the end of the movie there are multiple black panthers?

Is there any comic literature that could justify something like that?

Why does there need to be?  This is a story adapting these characters in a new medium.  Most movies based on these characters are inspired by elements of numerous published stories, but almost never adhere strictly to any one of them at all.  

Edited by Macleod

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Literally. She was one of the breakout characters from the BP movie, go watch or read any review of the movie. 

When it was confirmed she was dusted via a character poster, her name trended worldwide on Twitter.