Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

7 hours ago, Factcheck said:

This rumour was started by some people to hype F4 as they were expecting F4 cast reveal this year.

Ya know, when I first heard the rumor this summer, I thought it was cool, but a little out of place. Then I started becoming more excited. But still thought it was slightly out of place. When this popped up, I was slightly disappointed, but then thought "eh-ya know what, it's too much too fast". Again, I thought it was a bit out of place so it's probably good to have dropped it.

One of the best things about the first BP (well among the other "best" things) is that it works completely as its own entity and franchise.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, grey ghost said:

Infinity War's ending was probably the saddest of any cbm blockbuster.

It did perfectly fine.

And I don't buy the argument that Titanic doesn't count because it was historical. The ending was dark and as depressing as it gets.

Reaching a bit when people obviously knew that there would be something to bring them back in the next film. Still really like the film, though!

28 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Reaching a bit when people obviously knew that there would be something to bring them back in the next film. Still really like the film, though!

Yeah. Suspenseful? Yes. But I wouldn't really call IW's ending sad because it was anything but permanent.

On 10/29/2022 at 9:49 AM, M37 said:

so in their final role: it’s essentially part funeral.

This  

And speaking of funerals, I assume that because of COVID we’re not gonna get some Tony’ funeral, where we get everyone showing up in that scene to pay their respects. Which, as a fan, I find so profoundly disappointing, because that’s how it always is in the comic books when someone big dies. From a Watsonian POV, you can hand wave it as the Wakandans don’t want anyone in their country. But from a Doylist POV, this just sucks. 

8 hours ago, Jeight said:

So nothing in the past 20 years. My point exactly

It took 20 years between Silence of the Lambs and Get Out for a horror movie to get nominated for Best Picture. Just because it hasn’t happened in a while, doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

PS/Mod Note:

can we lay off the anti-Grace talk? it doesn’t feel constructive, it just feels mean. The best thing to do with her, is to just ignore her existence.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Add critic Anne Thompson to the list if raves.

I foresee Black Panther, Avatar, and Top Gun all getting nominated for BP in a desperate attempt for viewers.  The last few Oscar ceremonies have had absolutely abysmal ratings and they've pretty much slid into culturally irrelevancy now.  Its like Will Smith reminded everyone 'oh yeah, thats a thing still' when he got mad and slapped Chris Rock.

I don't think its a bad thing to nominate movies like this if they're good enough, but I think it may be too little too late now after a solid decade+ of shunning movies people actually watch.  Plus, the culture is gravitating more towards streaming and TV shows.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

so you telling me it has better reactions than mixed? 🥲

It’s the emotions within the viewers that are mixed, but the reaction to that experience, including the emotional roller coaster, are overwhelmingly positive 

14 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Nate Moore, one of Feige's liutenants and his right hand man for this movie, just deconfirmed one of the biggest rumours surrounding this movie this year. I'll spoiler tag the interview just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

I know thumbnails have to catch the eye on Youtube but my god.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I foresee Black Panther, Avatar, and Top Gun all getting nominated for BP in a desperate attempt for viewers.  The last few Oscar ceremonies have had absolutely abysmal ratings and they've pretty much slid into culturally irrelevancy now.  Its like Will Smith reminded everyone 'oh yeah, thats a thing still' when he got mad and slapped Chris Rock.

I don't think its a bad thing to nominate movies like this if they're good enough, but I think it may be too little too late now after a solid decade+ of shunning movies people actually watch.  Plus, the culture is gravitating more towards streaming and TV shows.

TG:M has grossed more than the past 13 Best Picture Winners combined.

AVATAR grossed more than every Best Picture Winner that has come out following its nomination combined.

Edited by CaptNathanBrittles

People were shook after Infinity Wars ending. Most casuals did not assume the infinity stones would bring everyone back. All they knew is that half the universe got ashed.

I remember dead silence in the theater with lots of confusion.

No one was laughing while saying "oh they'll be back". That's revisionism.

• Like 3