Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

21 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Letterboxd is elitist, not general audience. It is likely to be closer to critics than GA.

Elitist lmao. NWH has 1M+ ratings at letterboxd. But any rating system where rating can be easily increased or decreased by fanboys & review bombers loses its credibility which includes both IMDb & letterboxd.

• Like 1

Anyways really excited for Wakanda. Haven’t thought anything this phase outside of Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel was great, with a lot of barely 3.5/5s I enjoy but have flaws or are highly flawed (WandaVision, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Strange 2, NWH and Eternals), mediocre (Black Widow, Loki) and stuff I hated this phase (What If, FaTWS) and going forwards there’s a lot of stuff I am likely skipping Phase 5 onwards (Moon Knight, next season of Loki, Blade if it isn’t R, Fantastic Four, Agatha) and have a lot of worries going forwards but there’s a lot of stuff that looks great in this, seems like it’s made with a lot of passion and Coogler is easily the best MCU director (Black Panther is probably one of my favorite blockbusters of the 2010s, and that’s Coogler’s weakest film). 

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Jeight said:

Letterboxd has more votes than even imdb. It has a far more reliable sample than rt. Why would i trust the opinions of 20000 people over 600000?

Thats like conducting a poll and takibg ibto accounts ab apartment building over a stadium

Self-selecting samples are inherently bogus. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

(some are slightly less inherently bogus than others — but even there, "art not science" to reading these things)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Got tickets -- Almost 30$ for 2 people at the nicer theater -- Is this what it's like for ya'll all the time in bigger cities? foh

I'm not even in a big city...and that's cheap...right now, it's $32 at the cheapest theater for 2 tickets to 2d here...if I wanted Imax, it's $22 each for $44 (different theater - I go to the cheaper one - the Imax one would have 2 2d tickets be $36).

This is a big reason family movies are struggling...

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Got tickets -- Almost 30$ for 2 people at the nicer theater -- Is this what it's like for ya'll all the time in bigger cities? foh

I just noticed today that my local has jumped up the ticket prices for this movie. £12 tickets i saw banshees for £8 there two weeks ago. three months of no movies anyone wanted to see got these guys desperate i guess.

57 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I just noticed today that my local has jumped up the ticket prices for this movie. £12 tickets i saw banshees for £8 there two weeks ago. three months of no movies anyone wanted to see got these guys desperate i guess.

I was going to ask if some theaters were doing surge pricing ala The Batman, but that was studio mandated.

5 hours ago, Lion Roar said:

Lincoln Center Imax for one person is $28 so this is super cheap in comparison :lol:

and I thought paying 17$ for DBOX in 2019 was wild.

6 hours ago, Morieris said:

I'm lucky enough to get half off through a discount program at work, otherwise it's $16.50 a ticket here in southern California. Somehow they still do $5 Tuesdays though.