Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Anyone else feels there's not as much enthusiasm for comic book movies compared to previous years? I'm sure this will do great, but there's this feeling that people are not as intense about these movies as before.

Interest had to peak at some point. It was called "Endgame" after all.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, YM! said:

So do we have to worry about France being gone from the total? Or is it just PR talk?

If France doesn't see sense it probably will not release in France.  

But notably Thor released in france. DS2 released in france. Seems like something where there is a default resolution that allows things to proceed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

Anyone else feels there's not as much enthusiasm for comic book movies compared to previous years? I'm sure this will do great, but there's this feeling that people are not as intense about these movies as before.

It looks to me that people are not as intense about DCEU movies as they before, likely because Marvel now releasing 4 movies a year instead of 2 or 3 lol.

16 hours ago, Maggie said:

I've felt that. I remember from 2016-2019 it was at its peak. My twitter feed was full of superhero gifs and stuff. And it always felt like both fandoms were looking forward to the next big release. Now there's barely hype for Black Adam and the hype for BP2 is nowhere near the first one's despite the amazing teaser response from July.

Edited by Saul Goodman

People aren't that hugely excited about ANY movies right now.

Anyway, I expect a trailer next week. This week they had to push Andor and Avatar's re-release. We MIGHT get one dropped on Friday for Avatar's re-release, but I don't think they are really expecting that to make a whole lot of money.

They COULD wait until a month before release like they did with No Way Home and drop it in October. But I don't think they will do that for this one. No Way Home was being talked about constantly and they didn't have to really do anything. Not so much the case for BPWF.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:27 PM, Maggie said:

Like we didn't have a CBM which went on to become one of the biggest films in history (without China) not even a full year back. 

MoM had a lot of hype as well which showed in its OW. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

On 9/20/2022 at 4:57 AM, Maggie said:

I agree there's been too many mediocre MCU movies/TV shows lately. Phase IV is probably not going as well as they planned. Here's hoping BP 2 restores the heart and energy that is sorely lacking of late. 

I don't see any numerical evidence that the hype for CBMs is lower than previous years. There is no way a mixed-reception MoM would have done those numbers (even accounting for inflation) before IW/Endgame. Black Adam hype may be muted, but it still has some buzz and DC solo movies have been inconsistent for a long time. As far as Wakanda Forever, there is lots of hype and it's tracking very well. Perhaps things feel less intense because we're in a bit of a lull phase in marketing between the first trailer and the second trailer/final push. 

• Like 4

I haven't seen a superhero movie in theaters since Infinity War, I half pay attention to the MCU - but now I feel like there's so much, it may all be of high (or good!) quality content, it's nothing special anymore.

I'm excited for WF because the BP movies are the only ones outside of Guardians I really enjoy (G2 notwithstanding).

• Like 2