Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Black Panther 76M ticket sold in the Us.

people reading the last BP numbers in the Us: 1 Million maybe.

98% of the audience know the universe and the characters from the movie. If the story is good and emotional anyone can be BP and it's okay.

Black Panther most certainly did not sell 76m tickets. 

It probably hit around 60m-65m max with IMAX, Dolby, and inflation.

14 hours ago, Noctis said:

Black Panther most certainly did not sell 76m tickets. 

It probably hit around 60m-65m max with IMAX, Dolby, and inflation.

Isn't it funny that the biggest movies in the world still only get less than half the country's population to see it in theaters? 

Edited by tonytr87

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Isn't it funny that the biggest movies in the world still only get less than half the country's population to see it in theaters? 

10% of the population (30m-35m) would make the movie a mega hit. A film that would get a viewing of 20% of the population is an absolute phenomenon.

10 hours ago, Noctis said:

10% of the population (30m-35m) would make the movie a mega hit. A film that would get a viewing of 20% of the population is an absolute phenomenon.

Fact is, a TV show with mid level ratings probably is seen by more people then the year's biggest movie.

35 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Thinking more this should really do at least 250M. If it falls short I guess missing Chadwick is an okay excuse though.

The zeitgeist aspect of the first makes this one harder to pin down than a typical sequel. The trailer certainly garnered a ton of interest/reaction. I’m at least confident it out opens the first. On the upper end I could see it matching NWH in ticket sales, which would translate to about $275-280M OW.

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

In early November?

I mean, yes, Infinity War and Endgame both made their record OW's in the last week of April BUT those were considered essentially as early summer release dates for all intents and purposes.

This is actually one of the best dates on the entire calendar for maxing the official 3day, thanks to vet day. Otherwise, months don’t really mean shit.

Edited by Legion By Night
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jedijake said:

In early November?

I mean, yes, Infinity War and Endgame both made their record OW's in the last week of April BUT those were considered essentially as early summer release dates for all intents and purposes.

23 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

This is actually one of the best dates on the entire calendar for maxing the official 3day, thanks to vet day. Otherwise, months don’t really mean shit.

People still get hung up on release dates? I think we’ve been over this enough by now. They’re (essentially) not relevant. 

Can't wait to see what Marvel Legends shorts they will release on D+ in prep for this. They just dropped the Hulk for She-Hulk.

I was thinking one Legends per week starting on Wednesday, October 12 (one month before release):

October 12: Vibranium/Wakanda (they did one for the Tesarec)

October 19: M'Baku

October 26: Okoye and the Dora Malaje

November 2: Shuri

November 9: T'Challa & Nakia (tribute just before the movie)

Edited by jedijake