Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

12 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Lupita is going to be BP. As of its OW, how high can it get? I expect it to be huge, I'd say 220-230m atm 

Lupita would be the right call given her talent, her career thus far, and well, everything with Wright gone wrong. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:30 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

Not really a fan of the concept of race-swapping,  but latino Namor looks great 

edit: I was under the impression that comic namor was pretty clearly "white"

he's more on the indigenous side than latino 

48 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

remember when y'all were predicting 180-190m for L&T?

190-209m my prediction 250 is a little to much

I can also see IW OW if all things go very well.

Will it get to 250m+, probably not but if any movie can do it's this one, so much potential to explode.

30 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Just because we’ve had two disappointments in a row doesn’t mean that’s the new norm.

I thought about quality and I found that quality is the issue but not as much as we are thinking, if phase 4 movies were released as per original dates then phase 4 would have looked better than today- BW A-, Eternals B, Shang-chi A, MoM B+, NWH A+, Thor B+

This looks much better than 2 Bs in a row.

3 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

I thought about quality and I found that quality is the issue but not as much as we are thinking, if phase 4 movies were released as per original dates then phase 4 would have looked better than today- BW A-, Eternals B, Shang-chi A, MoM B+, NWH A+, Thor B+

This looks much better than 2 Bs in a row.

It is interesting to consider how a random permutation of the 6 receptions relative to release order would affect the narrative.     

NWH being such an outlier in some respects leaves a bit of a 3-in-a-row taste, which sounds especially bad. When you zoom it back to the past 15 movies the franchise track record is still very good — but a discontinuity in the baseline between FFH and BW is quite plausible for a variety of factors. We’ll need several As in a row if people are going to go back to simply assuming an A/A+ default for all MCUs the way we did in 2019.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legion By Night said:

It is interesting to consider how a random permutation of the 6 receptions relative to release order would affect the narrative.     

NWH being such an outlier in some respects leaves a bit of a 3-in-a-row taste, which sounds especially bad. When you zoom it back to the past 15 movies the franchise track record is still very good — but a discontinuity in the baseline between FFH and BW is quite plausible for a variety of factors. We’ll need several As in a row if people are going to go back to simply assuming an A/A+ default for all MCUs the way we did in 2019.

Also the recent run is reinforcing a concern a lot of people already had after Endgame, which is where are things going and how can you live up to the IW saga? It’s not like Phase 1-2 didn’t have many meh films and critical duds (Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and a bunch of others that just aren’t super memorable) but it was always softened by the feeling that’s it’s all building up to Thanos. Now it’s like.. ok we’re not enjoying the movies as much and also have no clue what to look forward to. 

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Also the recent run is reinforcing a concern a lot of people already had after Endgame, which is where are things going and how can you live up to the IW saga? It’s not like Phase 1-2 didn’t have many meh films and critical duds (Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and a bunch of others that just aren’t super memorable) but it was always softened by the feeling that’s it’s all building up to Thanos. Now it’s like.. ok we’re not enjoying the movies as much and also have no clue what to look forward to. 

I think you've missed marvel SDCC announcements

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jedijake said:

If they make Shuri the new Black Panther, I can see a hero's journey of sorts. Imagine if Rey was strong but got her ass whipped by Kylo the first time.

That would be the repeat of the first movie where Killmonger almost killed T'Challa minus the compelling Lion King/Hamlet aspect of the story. 

37 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

I think you've missed marvel SDCC announcements

I mean just the MoM/LAT back to back, before they announced the new Avengers films and the BP trailer, obviously those things brought a lot more confidence back.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

Not really a fan of the concept of race-swapping,  but latino Namor looks great 

edit: I was under the impression that comic namor was pretty clearly "white"

He usually looked more east asian to me.

People are vastly overestimating how much people actually care about the Letitia controversy. We do know that a certain corner of the internet will meltdown over a female BP so I see why they would want to avoid having 2 shitstorms at the same time, though.

Beyond all that, Lupita would still be a better choice so I hope it's her. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

So this will possibly hold 2 Opening weekend records  February and November...wow.

I forgot the February ow has yet to get broken

Yup. Currently, if it breaks the November opening weekend record, I think it would be the second franchise to have the record in two different months after the Avengers franchise. 

• Like 1