Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

With director Ryan Coogler and the rest of the Black Panther cast returning, Wakanda Forever not only continues the story of the technologically-advanced African nation and its people, but also pays tribute to Boseman’s – and T’Challa’s – legacy. Wright’s own experiences while making the movie mirrored that of her character. “Shuri’s journey has allowed me to grieve, to cry, to laugh, and to gain strength that I never thought I could ever have,” she tells Empire. “Trials and tribulations make you who you are. You either fold or you get up and go again. I feel like Shuri kept looking at me every day, asking me if I was gonna fold or go again. And I just kept going until healing started to happen for me.”

Without T’Challa, the question remains of who will step into the Black Panther suit this time, and there are many potential candidates – Lupita Nyong’o’s ultra-capable spy Nakia, Danai Gurira’s warrior leader Okoye, maybe even Winston Duke’s Jabari tribe leader M’Baku. Or could it be Shuri herself, who has taken on the role in some comic book runs? “That’s a tricky question to answer,” says Wright. It is, however, a notion she once discussed a few years ago. “I had a chat about it with Ryan and Chad when we were making Black Panther, and we touched on it briefly,” she recalls. When I realised I was playing Shuri, it was something that I really looked forward to.” Whatever happens next, she’ll always be Wakanda’s coolest princess.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/shuri-journey-black-panther-wakanda-forever-letitia-wright-grieve-cry-laugh-exclusive/

• Like 2

Anyone think they'll utilize Monday Night Football on ESPN for the official trailer? (like they did for all 3 modern SW movies?)

Was thinking that would be this coming week but there's been no word at all (usually some insider somewhere reveals the date).

Maybe next Monday (October 3)? Just a few days after the Empire Magazine release?

Rams vs 49ers would be a great match-up for maximum audiences.

Edited by jedijake

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

This is coming out in like a month and 2 weeks. Is this the latest we’ve gotten a second trailer? Wasn’t Thor 4 trailer out 2 months before release?

NWH trailer 2 was exactly one month before release. Thor was about a month and a half before. 

• Like 1

I'm not concerned about the lack of a second trailer. It's probably coming next week (see my last post). No need for worry or concern.

What puzzles me more is the complete lack of interest for a second trailer. I'd expect more folks to be chopping at the bit for the new trailer like they did for all 3 SW sequel films and for NWH. With the emotional reaction to the first teaser, I'd think there would be a LOT more buzz and talk about this movie.

Like I said, the buzz for NWH was non-stop since the summer of 2021 when people started talking about the title. With BPWF, people stopped talking about it a week after the first teaser.

Edited by jedijake

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

I'm not concerned about the lack of a second trailer. It's probably coming next week (see my last post). No need for worry or concern.

What puzzles me more is the complete lack of interest for a second trailer. I'd expect more folks to be chopping at the bit for the new trailer like they did for all 3 SW sequel films and for NWH. With the emotional reaction to the first teaser, I'd think there would be a LOT more buzz and talk about this movie.

Like I said, the buzz for NWH was non-stop since the summer of 2021 when people started talking about the title. With BPWF, people stopped talking about it a week after the first teaser.

There is plenty of buzz. Its Quorum data is very strong and it saw a huge bump in awareness after the first trailer. No, people aren't speculating every week, because it's not like NWH where everyone was waiting for the reveals.

If the second trailer doesn't do numbers or has a muted reaction, then I'd be worried. For now, you're panicking over nothing. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, jedijake said:

The first trailer is already packed with footage from various scenes. How much more can they show without spoiling things?

21 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I hope this run time is real but much shorter? Damn the original cut must be long. Give Ryan all the time he needs to tell his story.  A lot riding on this movie and they need to hit it out of the park.

• Like 1