aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

Some reactions here remind me about certain pupils of mine (who are hit by early puberty...) = way too ~ dramatic reactions to small details/reasons/whatever. We have to make an elephant out of a fly as a saying here.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Yes 1E689C78C5E5519A88057D01841D8120C56FC49D

Great. Youve just proven to be an asshole both online and in RL :redcapes: but carry on with youre constant "we are Venom" shitposting, it didnt get tiring the third time at all.

Jesus, it feels like there are more and more trolls coming to this forum. I really begin to miss @That One Guy

Smallfoot had a great Fri-Fri drop

7 5 Smallfoot WB $1,700,000 +197% -25% 3,032 $561 $61,451,035 22

6.7 (-26.1%) weekend will take it to 66.5 cume, on track for low-80s dom.

---

Halloween should get the October record

25.64 [33.34 od]

30.77 (+20%)

18.46 (-40%)

= 82.57 ow

...another film with a shot to go over Solo's dom

---

18.0 weekend will give Venom 171.1 cume, less than 40 from 210 dom.

---

After the smaller than expected ow, being a non-sequel and looking at the genre, the hold's not good for First Man. It didn't even loose the premium screenss.

6 3 First Man Uni. $2,500,000 +133% -57% 3,640 $687 $23,935,050 8
Edited by a2k

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Some reactions here remind me about certain pupils of mine (who are hit by early puberty...) = way too ~ dramatic reactions to small details/reasons/whatever. We have to make an elephant out of a fly as a saying here.

Yeah, its a generation where constant outrage is considered normal by many people. And btw, beeing rather young myself, i experienced that from first hand (sadly). The biggest facor in all that is Social Media (or better: Unsocial media), where theres flame wars every second about issues, which, in most cases, arent even issues at all. Like that JLC tweet.

Anyway, back to topic: Having a movie titled Halloween achieving the October OW record feels so right that it simply must happen!

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Surprised how people can deny Venom is a pretty bad film outside of Tom Hardy’s performance 

I think we all underestimate how much a charismatic and fun performance can save a movie. It doesn't happen all the time of course. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lestranger said:

On ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak, Halloween is three-and-a-half stars, 75% overall positive with Men 25+ leading the way at 32% followed by F25+ (28%), M25- (31%) and F25- (19%)

That explain why the OW weekend is so big, when 60% of your audience is over 25 and 50% under 25, you get a 4.25 quadrant movie.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Great. Youve just proven to be an asshole both online and in RL :redcapes: but carry on with youre constant "we are Venom" shitposting, it didnt get tiring the third time at all.

Jesus, it feels like there are more and more trolls coming to this forum. I really begin to miss @That One Guy

Awwww I’ll get you some tissues on that elavator down to @that one guy

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Jamie Lee Curtis lost my respect with that tweet. It's one thing to say lets see if we can get the record but "vapid Venom"? really? Did he kick her puppy or something? Uncalled for. 

It's no different to all the wack shit you say about movies and actresses all the time. Actually, your stuff is worse. Don't think you're really in a position to get all high and mighty about someone taking a playful dig at another movie.

• Like 19
  • Astonished 2

Regardless if Halloween crushes the record or not, both movies did much better than I think anyone could’ve anticipated. The arguing I’m seeing here is just straight up ridiculous. It’s so obvious that Curtis is just excited at the idea of her film toppling the current OW October record holder. No bad blood or anything. I think anyone would be as excited as she is if their film was about to break a record. This whole bad blood between people right now is just dumb and petty.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's no different to all the wack shit you say about movies and actresses all the time. Actually, your stuff is worse. Don't think you're really in a position to get all high and mighty about someone taking a playful dig at another movie.

Ok, if that's a playful dig than it's my mistake. I didn't take "vapid" as playful but maybe it was. Anyway, Tom and Michelle likely won't have to revive their careers by playing Venom characters in 40 years cause they are doing really great and are not famous for only 1 character.

• Disbelief 1

My God, First Man deserves to flop. What a booooring movie. Not every man who accomplished great things merits a biopic.

The man was glum and devoid of any interesting character traits (at least that's how the movie presented him)

FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOPPITY FLOP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Alli said:

My God, First Man deserves to flop. What a booooring movie. Not every man who accomplished great things merits a biopic.

The man was glum and devoid of any interesting character traits (at least that's how the movie presented him)

FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOPPITY FLOP

Like every Gosling character ever. Never got the hype.

There's only one Ryan, ok, and he ain't Gosling, but he's Reynolds. :stirthepot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Like every Gosling character ever. Never got the hype.

There's only one Ryan, ok, and he ain't Gosling, but he's Reynolds. :stirthepot:

I said this before seeing the movie, but this film is taking it to whole nother level. Its actually infuriating

Edited by Alli