aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Halloween opening to $50m would still be more impressive than a superhero film opening to $80m

Based on what? One guy on the internet saying it? We are not a superhero we are VENOM! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, fmpro said:

How the hell can they think ASIB will do 1,3 more than Venom for the weekend if it has 0,3 less on friday?? Saturday jump will obvious be bigger for Venom

Amatours

I think Venom's 4.9 but Deadline has a typo. 4.9 would also be like Rth said (5).

5.9 would lead to a 20+ weekend and also entail Rth being way off. Surely a typo.

Guessing,

7.9 (+61%)

4.8 (-39%)

= 17.6 (-49.7%)

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Based on what? One guy on the internet saying it? We are not a superhero we are VENOM! 

Based on one being a film from a dormant slasher franchise that cost 10M, likely skews older and never had an adjusted opening half as big as what this is going to open to (and even 50M would be bigger than all but two unadjusted DOM grosses of the past movies), and the other being a 100M-costly, heavily marketed comic book tentpole starring a big name in Tom Hardy. Which sounds like the unlikelier to hit huge numbers and which sounds like it made a gigantic profit on DOM OW alone? And Halloween is likely going to open to near 80M now, so considering the two are pretty much on equal footing, I don't see why there's even a question about which is more impressive on paper, no matter which ends with the higher actuals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Based on one being a film from a dormant slasher franchise that cost 10M, likely skews older and never had an adjusted opening half as big as what this is going to open to (and even 50M would be bigger than all but two unadjusted DOM grosses of the past movies), and the other being a 100M-costly, heavily marketed comic book tentpole starring a big name in Tom Hardy. Which sounds like the unlikelier to hit huge numbers and which sounds like it made a gigantic profit on DOM OW alone? And Halloween is likely going to open to near 80M now, so considering the two are pretty much on equal footing, I don't see why there's even a question about which is more impressive on paper, no matter which ends with the higher actuals.

You state it’s more impressive like you are spitting out true facts but it’s nothing more than your opinion and I could write to you a long paragraph about how we had to fight the Gaga fans fake negative reviews, the critics ridiculous negative reviews and the salty marvel fans fake negative reviews and still manage to smash the box office. Just imagine what numbers we could have done without the negative people but anyway if you want to make this about cost to sales ratio then you should praise us because we will make 700 million on 100 million budget 

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Felandria said:

Meanwhile, can we celebrate that El Royale is having a good Week 2?

it still won’t help much but the movie deserves an audience.

It will get an audience when it’s out on Netflix 

54 minutes ago, VENOM said:

I was going to answer but @MCKillswitch123 said it perfectly: 

38 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

26 minutes ago, VENOM said:

You state it’s more impressive like you are spitting out true facts but it’s nothing more than your opinion and I could write to you a long paragraph about how we had to fight the Gaga fans fake negative reviews, the critics ridiculous negative reviews and the salty marvel fans fake negative reviews and still manage to smash the box office. Just imagine what numbers we could have done without the negative people but anyway if you want to make this about cost to sales ratio then you should praise us because we will make 700 million on 100 million budget 

What is this account? What’s with all the “we” talk? 

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

It's no more of an opinion than yours, buddy :hahaha: It's still a big comic book movie, and it was well recieved by audiences anyway. How is an R-rated slasher movie from an old franchise opening virtually the same not more impressive than that?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Universal will get Halloween over Venom.

Decent start for Mid90s, but Can You Ever Forgive Me is disappointing big time. Interest peaked way too soon on it

I feel like I've been hearing about Can You Ever Forgive Me forever.

Hoping Halloween can have a strong Saturday to help get it over $81M but a great opening either way. Just want it to get the record lol 

Bad Times had a great hold this weekend but it's unfortunately from an opening weekend that wasn't high enough to save it from being a flop. Seems like it might be one of those cult classic type movies. 

Like I said last week, if First Man drops over 40%, I'm not expecting strong legs for it and well it's looking to drop 44%. Thinking it'll finish in the low $50Ms for its total run. 

Finally, pretty disappointing to see The Hate You Give drop from the initial Friday estimates by that much. I was hoping it could do $10M+ this weekend but it is what it is, I guess. 

• Like 1

SH vs Horror Who's More Impressive fight is stupid. Both genres are posting bonkers numbers for their genre so it's a tie. Venom is impressive considering he is mostly known as the villain in Spiderman but not the main character that can carry a movie. Also, WOM is defying those hit job reviews. Halloween is impressive cause it resurrected a dormant franchise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

SH vs Horror Who's More Impressive fight is stupid. Both genres are posting bonkers numbers for their genre so it's a tie. Venom is impressive considering he is mostly known as the villain in Spiderman but not the main character that can carry a movie. Also, WOM is defying those hit job reviews. Halloween is impressive cause it resurrected a dormant franchise. 

Venom also had 2 small hurdles to overcome. The last non-MCU Spidey film was ASM2 which was panned. Venom's last apperance was in SM3 which was not very well received. So non-MCU Venom doing 80 ow on track for 210 dom is very impressive.

But yeah, the Venom vs Halloween fight is only for the sake of bo-fun as this doesn't happen often in October.

• Like 3

Is Amandla Stenberg the new queen of YA movies?

She's sailing smoothly from The Hunger Games to Everything, Everything to The Darkest Minds and now The Hate You Give.

Edited by bcf26