YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Ray Donovan's new season has just premiered, I think.

Yeah but that show's been on how long? It's seen a dip in viewership and seems to have fallen out of the conversation considering it received no awards love this past year. Usually they like to strike while the iron is hot.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

nothing in the movie was funny!  it was boring!  the animation looked bad!  pharrell williams was fine but at the end of the day completely unnecessary!

As someone who has only seen the trailers, I think the animation looks gorgeous. And c'mon, The Grinch without a narrator is like a man without a soul.

1 minute ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Eh the Grinch couldn't possibly be any worse than The Cat in the Hat live action movie. I am seeing the Grinch on Wednesday. 

Watching paint dry for 72 hours straight with no sleep is better than The Cat in the Hat '03 so that's not saying much.

Was really excited for Carell on SNL, but wow was that an absolute shit episode. 

The lack of Widows hype blows my mind, I just don't get it. Great cast, high quality, interesting twist on heist movie. Deadline is saying "For other moviegoers, the same snarky sentiment permeates the conversation for Widows as it did for Ocean’s 8, the recent Ghostbusters and other female dominated casts.  Some moviegoers just aren’t interested in an action film without a traditional hero like Stallone or Bruce Willis in the driver’s seat – and this commentary is discounting outright sexist and political discussion. " I feel like I am living in bizzaro world. People don't want women to be action heroes, have you not seen Edge of Tomorrow, Terminator 2?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Sad day when soulless, garbage Dr. Seuss adaptations continue to make more money

It's not sad.  It's a film directly aimed at families.  My nieces, who weren't even born yet when the last one came out, saw this one and loved it.  All movies are made to make money and Illumination is just really good at it by appealing to families.  My brother took them to see it and liked it as well.  So I don't see what's so sad about this.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Lestranger said:

Was really excited for Carell on SNL, but wow was that an absolute shit episode. 

The lack of Widows hype blows my mind, I just don't get it. Great cast, high quality, interesting twist on heist movie. Deadline is saying "For other moviegoers, the same snarky sentiment permeates the conversation for Widows as it did for Ocean’s 8, the recent Ghostbusters and other female dominated casts.  Some moviegoers just aren’t interested in an action film without a traditional hero like Stallone or Bruce Willis in the driver’s seat – and this commentary is discounting outright sexist and political discussion. " I feel like I am living in bizzaro world. People don't want women to be action heroes, have you not seen Edge of Tomorrow, Terminator 2?

lol that's definitely reaching.

FWIW all of the awards contenders that have been released since A Star is Born starting with First Man have struggled to find an audience so it's not just one particular case. Unfortunately, I feel like this will push the Academy even further into actually going forward with that Popular Oscar bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

It's not sad.  It's a film directly aimed at families.  My nieces, who weren't even born yet when the last one came out, saw this one and loved it.  All movies are made to make money and Illumination is just really good at it by appealing to families.  My brother took them to see it and liked it as well.  So I don't see what's so sad about this.

This. It's the same scanerio on this forum with every Illumination film.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1