WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Boy Erased is the first awards season dud I’ve seen (unless Mid90s counts but I don’t think it does).  Horribly misguided and overly melodramatic.  Good performances though.

Seems more like a TV movie. You didn’t like mid 90s?

1 hour ago, a2k said:

FB2 OS weekend was 84 with 13 from Japan, so it had a 63% drop in holdover OS markets (191.5 => 71)?

No, 56% drop. (160.5 to 71)

" international box office cume to $31M after two days."

https://deadline.com/2018/11/fantastic-beasts-the-crimes-of-grindelwald-opening-weekend-china-global-international-box-office-1202502584/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sony isn't allowed to use Tom Holland's spiderman. I seriously dobut they will reboot it AGAIN

That is for the duration of the deal or forever ? (and during that time I imagine it is possible they cannot even recast SpiderMan)

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That is for the duration of the deal or forever ? (and during that time I imagine it is possible they cannot even recast SpiderMan)

it's forever. Disney was responsible for casting Tom, so Sony isn't allowed to use him outside of their deal. 

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

it's forever. Disney was responsible for casting Tom, so Sony isn't allowed to use him outside of their deal. 

Sound quite speculative (considering no one know anything about the deal outside pure speculation from interviews), specially considering Marvel will not be able to use him either, I doubt it is setup to be certain that a characther-actor pair cannot be used in any way.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Says who? That is pre-:Venom:  thinking.

Rumor is, Disney is begging Sony for a Tom Hardy cameo in Black Widow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Sound quite speculative (considering no one know anything about the deal outside pure speculation from interviews), specially considering Marvel will not be able to use him either, I doubt it is setup to be certain that a characther-actor pair cannot be used in any way.

Because the Sony/Marvel Studios deal for Spider-Man: Homecoming involves the character of Peter Parker and Holland’s portrayal, he can’t be used in any of these other Marvel Comics movies Sony is developing. That’s why, contrary to rumor, Holland, Feige, and Pascal recently confirmed that Venom and these other films are not part of the MCU and will not involve Tom Holland.

But since Sony has the license for Peter Parker, why can’t he have a cameo in Venom you ask? Because if Tom Holland shows up, even for a split second, in Venom, by association that immediately means that Venom has to exist within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And because Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios run a very tight ship and develop their movies for years before pulling the trigger, there’s no way Feige and Co. are going to let a film they’ve had no input on just all of a sudden “become” canon in the MCU—especially an R-rated Venom movie.

http://collider.com/spider-man-marvel-sony-deal-explained/#mcu

Disney would sue Sony into the stone age

• Like 1

Michelle Williams in Venom was a revelation.

Still my favourite performance of 2018.

It was like watching someone slowly dying inside, scene after scene.

Very few actors can access to that level of darkness & despair but Michelle pulled it off brilliantly.

Simply incredible and terrifying.

Thanks to this role, she will be due for her Oscar next time she cries and sobs 3 times on cue for her next drama.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

http://collider.com/spider-man-marvel-sony-deal-explained/#mcu

Disney would sue Sony into the stone age

Nothing about this talk about once the age limit of the contract expire and they are literally using interviews (i.e. sign they have not seen the actual contract).

No one doubt that Sony cannot use Holland during that contract (would not surprise anyone they cannot even use SpiderMan at all during it), that was not the question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

And Japan proper weekend is just 8M. So the real drop is more like 52% 

• Thanks 2