sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tuesday :Venom:

Im planning to get the 4K blu

MAH BOY

I plan on getting the 4K UHD when it comes out here in FREAKING FEBRUARY.

Edited by CJohn
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Favourite is expanding into 775 theaters Friday while Mary Queen of Scots will be in 700

The Favourite has lower PTA than The Theory of Everything at this point after a roaring start. Welp. Don’t think it can break out big enough

The problem with if Beale Street Could Talk is that THEY DIDNT EVEN ADVERTISE THE DATE ITS RELEASING. the dates changed a lot, too. When I saw the trailer when I watched widows, Suspiria, and boy erased — The ad said coming out in December with no date. Usually films put the date for when it’s coming out for limited release and list when it opens wide. What a bizarre strategy. Someone like me that has been actively looking forward to this even had difficulty finding out when it was coming out.(some BOT users helped with this)

Edited by YLF

53 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MAH BOY

I plan on getting the 4K UHD when it comes out here in FREAKING FEBRUARY.

RIP

This has been a busy Blu month for me. I got Fallout 4K a couple weeks ago and caught Blockers and Happy Death Day for $4 and $7 on Amazon, and A Simple Favor 4K is coming Tuesday. BlacKkKlansman 4K is on sale for fifteen bucks rn and I'm soooooo tempted :kitschjob: 

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RIP

This has been a busy Blu month for me. I got Fallout 4K a couple weeks ago and caught Blockers and Happy Death Day for $4 and $7 on Amazon, and A Simple Favor 4K is coming Tuesday. BlacKkKlansman 4K is on sale for fifteen bucks rn and I'm soooooo tempted :kitschjob: 

Get them all, for both of us. I live in Trashtugal so A Simple Favor only on DVD (I won't buy, but I would day one if the Bluray or the 4K was available) and I will get Blackklansman on day 1 on Bluray when it comes out here on January 9. The last 4K we got was Fallout, and I did buy it. The next confirmed one is Venom. I am holding out hope that something gets announced as well in the meantime, especially A Star is Born.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Get them all, for both of us. I live in Trashtugal so A Simple Favor only on DVD (I won't buy, but I would day one if the Bluray or the 4K was available) and I will get Blackklansman on day 1 on Bluray when it comes out here on January 9. The last 4K we got was Fallout, and I did buy it. The next confirmed one is Venom. I am holding out hope that something gets announced as well in the meantime, especially A Star is Born.

Fucking Lionsgate.

I pre-ordered ASIB 4K and El Royale 4K from Target on Cyber Monday when they had 10% off everything. ASIB doesn't come out for another two months, but El Royale is out New Year's Day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dingdong said:

The Favourite has lower PTA than The Theory of Everything at this point after a roaring start. Welp. Don’t think it can break out big enough

That director's movies are very off-putting. I wouldn't be surprised if The Favourite just completely collapsed after going into wide release.

10 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If it weren't for the fact that it's gonna get purged after the 25th, The Grinch would have a case for 300M DOM. What a run. Meanwhile, Ralph 2 will struggle to make 200M. Illumination trolling Disney again, as per usual :sparta:

It's going to be like Moana vs Sing again where one wins domestically but the other wins overseas and worldwide. 

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Grinch is winning domestic and overseas though.

Grinch is barely winning Overseas despite having opened in almost all the big markets, unlike Ralph that still has more than half of the world to come.

In fact the Grinch is bombing quite spectacularly everywhere outside of Europe and anglo countries 

Edited by salvador-232

Loved The Favourite walking out of the theatre but it didn't stick with me. It's slight. It's a lesser Dangerous Liaisons. It doesn't have the impact of Glenn Close realizing what she's done at the end of DL (none of those actresses are half as good as Close was in that movie, either). 

4 hours ago, YLF said:

The problem with if Beale Street Could Talk is that THEY DIDNT EVEN ADVERTISE THE DATE ITS RELEASING. the dates changed a lot, too. When I saw the trailer when I watched widows, Suspiria, and boy erased — The ad said coming out in December with no date. Usually films put the date for when it’s coming out for limited release and list when it opens wide. What a bizarre strategy. Someone like me that has been actively looking forward to this even had difficulty finding out when it was coming out.(some BOT users helped with this)

It doesn’t have a concrete wide release because it’s the kind of movie (a low-budget drama with no stars) that needs to be rolled out carefully. Indiewire is saying it expands to 70 theaters next weekend and will get a more significant expansion on January 4 and they’ll go from there.