The Panda

The 2019 BOFFY Awards - VOTING DEADLINE TODAY

I really dislike everything about Hereditary.  

It's funny, I'm such a huge horror fan and Hereditary, Strangers 2 and Suspiria were films that I disliked very strongly this year.

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Well, there are plenty of people who like Citizen Kane, but only because they are told to like it and they are told that it is a great film.

There's 800 million reasons why other people might have a different opinion than you about BR.

yeah and people only like bohemian rhapsody because they like dad rock. ending it on a 20 minute compilation of queen songs is a great move because they leave thinking "i like queen" the actual bad movie just gets wiped from their minds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

I really dislike everything about Hereditary.  

It's funny, I'm such a huge horror fan and Hereditary, Strangers 2 and Suspiria were films that I disliked very strongly this year.

I think there's a big shift in the way filmmakers are approaching horror... horror's success is definitely allowing for different approaches to the genre. Not all of theses approaches really mesh with everyone; I tried to watch The Endless on Netflix and, while that's a fine film, and I can see why it's a good one, it simply didn't mesh with me at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I really dislike the cinematography on THE FAVOURITE, hahaha.

I wasn't turned off by it but the fisheye was more distracting than anything. Felt like Lanthimos planting a flag on his first movie that was more about writing and acting than direction. Same with chapter headings though they were pretty funny.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I wasn't turned off by it but the fisheye was more distracting than anything. Felt like Lanthimos planting a flag on his first movie that was more about writing and acting than direction. Same with chapter headings though they were pretty funny.

Yes, it actively detracted. Constantly. Writing and acting carried the way for sure — stellar in both areas.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah and people only like bohemian rhapsody because they like dad rock. ending it on a 20 minute compilation of queen songs is a great move because they leave thinking "i like queen" the actual bad movie just gets wiped from their minds.

People only like Black panther because it was all black-cast with African culture references.

People only like TDK because Joker was great

People only like Moonlight because of liberal politics

People only like Avatar because it was first major 3D

People only like Avengers because they leave the theater feeling"They are the heros"!

People only like Saving private ryan because the first 20min war sequences.

People only like Frozen because of Let it go

The list goes on and on......

• Haha 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

People only like Black panther because it was all black-cast with African culture references.

People only like Avengers because they leave the theater feeling"They are the heros"!

yeah people only like those movies cos they're good. i agree.

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Hahahaha, very good use of satire there. I applaud you, sir. :lol: 

• Astonished 1