The Panda

The 2019 BOFFY Awards - VOTING DEADLINE TODAY

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Nicholas Hoult erasure is unacceptable 

I agree, he was hilarious in The Favourite

10 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I didn't nominate Debicki....I should have...she was terrific in Widows.

Yup she was terrific which is why she got my nom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

idk, this isn't gonna get me any popular votes with BOT but I totally think there's a mob mentality against Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. Like seriously, even if you had problems with the movie, there's NO WAY you can argue that they are worse films than some of the gargabe that came out this year. I understand that a lot of people haven't seen these but:

Hurricane Heist?

Strangers 2?

Wrinkle in Time?

Sherlock Gnomes?

Slenderman?

Happytime Murders?

to me, it just seems like people are spiteful of their success. And I'm definitely not trying to put words in people's mouths, because I understand that people like/dislike movies for a variety of reasons. But there seems to be a mob-mentality on the internet as a whole because "the director (who was fired mind you) is an asshole" or "one of the screenwriter is an asshole" or "the movie isn't historically accurate (really? Is any movie actually historically accurate?)" 

Otherwise, great noms! Thank you @The Panda for all the work you're putting into this! Wish I had got a ballot in in time, but alas school is hell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAJK said:

idk, this isn't gonna get me any popular votes with BOT but I totally think there's a mob mentality against Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. Like seriously, even if you had problems with the movie, there's NO WAY you can argue that they are worse films than some of the gargabe that came out this year. I understand that a lot of people haven't seen these but:

Hurricane Heist?

Strangers 2?

Wrinkle in Time?

Sherlock Gnomes?

Slenderman?

Happytime Murders?

to me, it just seems like people are spiteful of their success. And I'm definitely not trying to put words in people's mouths, because I understand that people like/dislike movies for a variety of reasons. But there seems to be a mob-mentality on the internet as a whole because "the director (who was fired mind you) is an asshole" or "one of the screenwriter is an asshole" or "the movie isn't historically accurate (really? Is any movie actually historically accurate?)" 

Otherwise, great noms! Thank you @The Panda for all the work you're putting into this! Wish I had got a ballot in in time, but alas school is hell. 

no Bohemian Rhapsody sucks shit. people only like it because they like queen music. just play 20 minutes of queen music at the end and everyone forgets they just watched dogshit.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Hurricane Heist?

Strangers 2?

Wrinkle in Time?

Sherlock Gnomes?

Slenderman?

Happytime Murders?

Green Book is legitimately one of the worst 5 I've seen. Obviously "I've seen" is a massive qualifier because I don't purposely seek out garbage to watch. But I'd still have voted for it if it had bombed.

btw Strangers 2 rules

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Hurricane Heist?

Strangers 2?

Wrinkle in Time?

Sherlock Gnomes?

Slenderman?

Happytime Murders?

I agree with you on Hurricane Heist. That was legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen. That thing should've been a SyFy channel film. I don't wanna cut corners like they did...

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

no Bohemian Rhapsody sucks shit. people only like it because they like queen music. just play 20 minutes of queen music at the end and everyone forgets they just watched dogshit.

Naaaa...it was fucking fantastic.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i saw zoe kazan on a fair amount of ballots posted. i thought she might make it in. of course there's always some lazy assholes just copy/pasting the oscar nominees I GUESS.

This will probably just make people more upset buuuut, her and Blake Lively were both a vote or two away from getting in (depending on how preferential ballots would have placed them in a tie run-off)

Edited by The Panda
  • Sad 2

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Green Book is legitimately one of the worst 5 I've seen. Obviously "I've seen" is a massive qualifier because I don't purposely seek out garbage to watch. But I'd still have voted for it if it had bombed.

btw Strangers 2 rules

Green Book is one of the ten best of the year and Strangers 2 is hot garbage.  An abomination of a film that is just slightly better than the first one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hurricane Heist?

Strangers 2?

Wrinkle in Time?

Sherlock Gnomes?

Slenderman?

Happytime Murders?

seen all the movies you mentioned and none of them made my worst feature ballot over Bohemian Rhapsody.  especially not Strangers 2, which is actually good.

• Astonished 1

Just now, The Panda said:

This will probably make people more upset buuuut, her and Blake Lively were both a vote or two away from getting in (depending on how preferential ballots would have placed them)

FYI to all those out there, @MrPink still hasn't watched Buster Scruggs (despite my haranguing) so this is all on him.