SLAM!

Unplanned | March 29th, 2019 | Pure Flix | a film about Abby Johnson and her experiences in Planned Parenthood | trailer on pg. 2

Just now, cdsacken said:

Are you socially conservative and fiscally liberal or did you never really have any opinion of your own in the first place.  This movie reminds me of Death of a Nation.

Are you asking me?

6 minutes ago, YLF said:

Are you asking me?

Sure. You said you were completely liberal and now complely conservative after a propoganda film. I'm curious to how rigid your beliefs were before. I've been fiscally conservative and somewhere in between socially most of my life granted I align with neither label. 

Just now, cdsacken said:

Sure. You said you were completely liberal and now complely conservative after a propoganda film. I'm curious to how rigid your beliefs were before. I've been fiscally conservative and somewhere in between socially most of my life granted I align with neither label. 

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I thought it was obvious. I guess not. I would never watch a movie like this lol. I’m very pro-choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

Oh, I was being sarcastic. I thought it was obvious. I guess not. I would never watch a movie like this lol. I’m very pro-choice.

I figured but it was a fantastic troll you never can be too sure. I'm against making it illegal but I would like to see more structure like Europe has on place, way more adoption assistance and education over choices. Lack of consistency by each state is terrible. I say that as someone who is pro life.

• Like 1

IM as much against the movie as the rest of you, but I do think we should stick to discussing what is wrong with the movie rather than what is wrong with the people who share the movie’s views. Labeling is dangerous and does lead to good people saying dumb things, case in point my roommates this past december after we watched WYBMN and they said how Mr. rogers was a total hypocritical liar, since anyone born or raised Christian would NOT share his kind-hearted views on the world, and so he must have just been lying to manipulate the networks.

See, labeling everyone into an “us” and “them” is a really slippery slope, which is why I do hope the discussion in this thread moves back to the movie itself and it’s mistreatment of the subject matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing worse than the words slippery slope.

Prolifers don't hate women (at least most don't), I certainly don't.Prochoice don't hate children (again I assume most if not almost all)

Read the review of this film, the person who made it is a massive hypocrite and I hate propoganda films. Be it from liberals or conservatives. 

Edited by cdsacken

I will admit I like to troll them a bit. When they say end PP I say sure let's do that while providing identical and expanded services with the new funding available. Also let's end the NRA at the same time. Usually it ends in shouting, grumbling or huffing and then nothing.

• Haha 1

Saw a thing saying there's a scene in this movie where a physician who performs abortions is shot. I'm extremely curious as to how that scene in the film is portrayed; a triumph, or a tragedy? Because however that scene is portrayed will make or break whether the film is "just not for me" or "seriously fuck this movie burn it in a fire"

Religious cult leaders demanding parents take their children to it including bishops of churches. Us senators calling it the greatest movie ever, many celebrities (d list maga types) saying the MPAA is the deep state rigging the rating to rated R. Theaters are deep state too as it is only playing in 1k screens probably 250 or less in a couple weeks.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Religious cult leaders demanding parents take their children to it including bishops of churches. Us senators calling it the greatest movie ever, many celebrities (d list maga types) saying the MPAA is the deep state rigging the rating to rated R. Theaters are deep state too as it is only playing in 1k screens probably 250 or less in a couple weeks.

I took a look at it. It's pretty bad