Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Just now, The Futurist said:

Their two most important films of 2020 & 2021 depend on him

Wonder Woman is their most important 2020 movie, as it can either continue the DC upward trend or put the breaks on it and dampen enthusiasm for The Batman.

Tenet is all on Nolan's broad shoulders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Warner trying to male Robert Pattison a movie star is the boldest Hollywood endeavor since I don't when.

Their two most important films of 2020 & 2021 depend on him.

The director also reveals that Washington is “very much the hero” of Tenet. “He’s a massively talented actor and physically gifted,” Nolan says of the BlacKkKlansman star, who is a former professional football player. “He’s an athlete and pretty hard for anybody to keep up with, including the different vehicles we shot him from — cars and helicopters. [Laughs] This guy moves.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Warner trying to male Robert Pattison a movie star is the boldest Hollywood endeavor since I don't when.

Nolan personally hired Pattinson

Matt Reeves wanted him since beginning

There’s no conspiracy here, he is a great actor and captivated big directors. 

• Like 4

Saw the trailer or whatever it is in front of TRoS and it was super intense (and loud. Dat Imax sound).  Was surpised to see its only 2 minutes long though, definitely felt longer. The friend I was with liked it a lot, said she was definitely seeing it, so I guess it's doing its job. I am... intrigued.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Saw the trailer or whatever it is in front of TRoS and it was super intense (and loud. Dat Imax sound).  Was surpised to see its only 2 minutes long though, definitely felt longer. The friend I was with liked it a lot, said she was definitely seeing it, so I guess it's doing its job. I am... intrigued.

Wait, so did you get a conventional trailer or was it a full scene with a sizzle reel at the end? 

24 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tenet depends on Nolan, not Pattison or any of the other actors. But it says a lot about Pattison's ability that Nolan would select him when he is able to get anyone he wants for his movies. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Wait, so did you get a conventional trailer or was it a full scene with a sizzle reel at the end? 

The latter. I haven't been keeping up with anything about the movie so idk if there's other stuff out,  but most of it was one scene and then there were some other shots at the end like a trailer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Did you not get the extended prologue?

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Tenet depends on Nolan, not Pattison or any of the other actors. But it says a lot about Pattison's ability that Nolan would select him when he is able to get anyone he wants for his movies. 

Washington is the lead, the main hero. He’s the one carrying the film and should be recognised as such not Pattison. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

This prologue's the first thing I've read about Rise of Skywalker that makes me want to see it

I have tickets for TROS tomorrow and this prologue is the most intriguing aspect of the viewing experience for me, however my local IMAX theater has been coy as to whether they are screening it or not.

Side-note, but I remember seeing the first Hobbit film in IMAX and my most anticipated part of that screening was the prologue for Star Trek Into Darkness. As it transpires, my cinema didn't screen it before An Unexpected Journey, so I sat there throughout the movie hugely frustrated. However, one of the ushers announced to people who were leaving the screening that they were going to show the STID sequence AFTER the movie, so there was this bizarre scene of half the audience walking out and the other half staying in their seats to watch this prologue. I kinda hope this happens tomorrow night as at the very least I'll leave the cinema on a high.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

But that would have been longer than two minutes, I believe...

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Oh ok. The prologue you saw was 6 minute btw. The trailer being released online is 2 minutes.

That makes sense, it felt way longer than two minutes for sure. I did check the time after it ended and that does seem accurate now that I add the other trailers up as well.

52 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Washington is the lead, the main hero. He’s the one carrying the film and should be recognised as such not Pattison. 

Well I think it says a lot for the talent of both guys. He could have chosen much bigger name actors, but I'm glad he didn't. It'll be interesting to see what they put together on this project. 

• Like 1