Eric the Fall Guy

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

The Shay has just found the perfect algorithm for finding how good a Nolan movie is gonna be - ahead of time!!

And it is very simple:

If the movie is made LAST decade - it's great! (from Memento (2000) to Inception (2010))

If the movie is made THIS decade - it sucks (more or less, Dunkerk was OK).

So if the movie is made NEXT decade, it should be good again, right?

Right. The big question is, if Tenet (2020) is THIS decade - or NEXT decade??!!

HMMMMM....

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Will the 6 min prologue be only at select imax or all of them. Accordingly I want to plan my SW9 ticket. Otherwise I was planning Dolby show. We will not know for sure until a week or so from the release. I dont see SW9 releasing on 15/70

Yeah SW won't be getting 1570 so they won't be precious with it format wise. All depends on the Mouse, apparently Disney was the reason Dunkirk's didn't play all IMAX locations.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:58 PM, antovolk said:

Yeah SW won't be getting 1570 so they won't be precious with it format wise. All depends on the Mouse, apparently Disney was the reason Dunkirk's didn't play all IMAX locations.

I Hope Mouse does not block theaters from adding this prologue. After all the AMC I go attaches major trailers from all the studios. I dont know how Mouse is controlling what AMC does !!!!

Anyway I posted this to show what I saw at Reddit.

hoi4aobn4r241.jpg

Also

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nolan&#39;s IMAX preview prologue for upcoming film &quot;TENET&quot; will actually be the epilogue...<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TEN%C6%8E%EA%93%95?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TENƎꓕ</a> <a href="https://t.co/YE0x5bJzxt">pic.twitter.com/YE0x5bJzxt</a></p>&mdash; Bim (@11122X) <a href="https://twitter.com/11122X/status/1201293323597701120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Astonished 3

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Trailer and epilogue with TROS?

Not putting stock on the epilogue, but the preview could be with the IMAX prints while the trailer is with reg shows of TROS. That’s exactly what happened with Dunkirk

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alli said:

Yeah the epilogue doesn't make sense. why would he reveal the end of the movie. unless....the epilogue is the prologue. TENET. Nolan is doing some mind tricks again

It would be Memento all over again

But the sourcing seems unsubstantiated 

• Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

The trailer for Dunkirk came out two days before Rogue One. Could be the same thing here

Since TROS is a Disney film, there is no way Warners can physically ship a trailer with TROS. What they can do is release a trailer for theaters at roughly the same time as TROS in hopes it will get shown with TROS. No guarantees. Only guarantee you have with a trailer is the one that Disney will ship with TROS. And that won't be for a Warners film. Other then that one it's pretty much up to the theater manager what trailer runs with which film. 

Hint:Notice how almost always..at  least in the first few weeks of a film's run. the final trailer before the movie begins if from the studio that is releasing the feature film?

Edited by dudalb

49 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Since TROS is a Disney film, there is no way Warners can physically ship a trailer with TROS. What they can do is release a trailer for theaters at roughly the same time as TROS in hopes it will get shown with TROS. No guarantees. Only guarantee you have with a trailer is the one that Disney will ship with TROS. And that won't be for a Warners film. Other then that one it's pretty much up to the theater manager what trailer runs with which film. 

Hint:Notice how almost always..at  least in the first few weeks of a film's run. the final trailer before the movie begins if from the studio that is releasing the feature film?

Speaking as a former projectionist in the UK, trailers aren’t generally at the discretion of the cinema manager when it comes to the big chains. Head office will send out a list of trailers that need to be attached to specific films at specific times during the day, the same film can even have multiple different trailer packs based on what screen it’s in and what time of day it’s playing, and then the individual cinema teams program them in. It’s a circuit wide list that they all have to adhere to based on agreements with distributors. Disney can request some of their films to be attached, but they can’t specifically forbid another distributors film from being part of the trailer reel, at least that’s how it works in the UK.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Speaking as a former projectionist in the UK, trailers aren’t generally at the discretion of the cinema manager when it comes to the big chains. Head office will send out a list of trailers that need to be attached to specific films at specific times during the day, the same film can even have multiple different trailer packs based on what screen it’s in and what time of day it’s playing, and then the individual cinema teams program them in. It’s a circuit wide list that they all have to adhere to based on agreements with distributors. Disney can request some of their films to be attached, but they can’t specifically forbid another distributors film from being part of the trailer reel, at least that’s how it works in the UK.

I went to see Ford v Ferrari and was shown a Star Wars trailer... for TLJ

Who fucked up?

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I went to see Ford v Ferrari and was shown a Star Wars trailer... for TLJ

Who fucked up?

The projectionist for programming it in wrong 😂 Why they’d still have the TLJ trailer on their system is beyond me though, for space saving reasons alone it should have been deleted by now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I knew  that the chain management would give the manager some special instructions about specific trailers.

But at least in the US over 90% of the time the last trailer before the feature starts is from the feature film studio. I can't help but think there is a physical reason for this.

But people talk about a trailer from one studio being "attached" to a film from another studio, and that just does not happen.