Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also, while I'm not trying to imply that Alita did poorly yesterday, people really have to keep these numbers is perspective. It's still a smaller opening day than John Carter, and only about a million more than Ghost in the Shell. Sure, it's definitely going to beat tracking, but 100M DOM and 450WW is still going to be considered a big win for it. 

It's kinda similar to Legend of Tarzan back in 2016. It did better than what tracking and people at BOT expected and in a vacuum their runs could be considered fine. But their budgets were too large to really make them profitable for the studio, although I guess Alita might get in the black when all is said and done.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can’t wait for Detective Pikachu to end the funnybook craze. I’m tired of fanboys.

We're just gonna get Pokemon fanboys vs Digemon fanboys then. 

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can’t wait for Detective Pikachu to end the funnybook craze. I’m tired of fanboys.

Problem is, theres fanboys of every property that ever existed. The Pokemon fanbase, from what i have read, seems to be more chill though.

Best community remains the Godzilla fanbase. We just have fun lol.

• Like 1

Back to Alita, considering the budget the numbers are not fantastic but they’re better than tracking and will likely be in the green with a $100M/$450M-$500M performance as well as a win for Fox before they become part of a soulless monopoly.

March better be big I can see some nice breakouts:

CM O/U $150M OW

Us over $60M OW

Dumbo over $70M OW

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

But then you'll have the Pokémon fanboy takeover. :ph34r:

Also, while I'm a gamer, what @CoolEric258 said. (But Marvel, DC and Star Wars fanboys are in a whole other league of douche anyway :kitschjob:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Problem is, theres fanboys of every property that ever existed. The Pokemon fanbase, from what i have read, seems to be more chill though.

Best community remains the Godzilla fanbase. We just have fun lol.

The rabid Ugly Dolls fans are coming. Brace yourselves.