MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

23 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That would be a big mistake if their target is the Christmas family audience, and the ladies, like the first one. Way to make them reject this movie 

It's not like Warner gives a shit anymore, as this is a leftover from a dead regime and franchise and they have far bigger concerns right now. So I'm fully expecting the baby to die, and will be pleasantly surprised if the opposite happens.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's not like Warner gives a shit anymore, as this is a leftover from a dead regime and franchise and they have far bigger concerns right now. So I'm fully expecting the baby to die, and will be pleasantly surprised if the opposite happens.

If it were me, I'd have the twist from the comic be that the parent dies...ala the Disney movie concept for so many animated movies...

30 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That’s at least a lot more likely than actually killing a baby 

Mind you, I would be all-in on a baby murder. Like, it would at least be less generic for a comic book movie. But, I gotta think it's the wife and/or mother that bites the big one. Hell, I would love it if Mera dies in the first act, Atlana dies in the second act and Aquaman himself dies in the third act, leaving Orm - who fits the traditional look - as the new Aquaman, having redeemed himself, and now raising his step-brother's orphaned son.

Momoa can play Lobo in the new DCU and so on...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Killing the kid would definitely be a great way to make Manta evil but the tone of the movie with the footage we've seen has a lot of wacky brother adventure energy which would be so weird if Arthur just lost his child

Some people just don't like their kids, man.

It's about time society had an honest dialogue about this. I applaud DC and WB for leading the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

To be honest, it would be a strong counter-point to Avatar 2. There, the main character loses a child and immediately embraces anger and sets off to exact revenge and then learns to better appreciate his other son.

Here, the main character is free of the nagging wife and crying kid - WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT PAYING FINACIAL SUPPORT - and decides to go on a lads' holiday with his bro.

And people say superhero movies are stale and formulaic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Well, I'm pro-abortion, so if they baby dies, I won't really care.

Mera though? On one hand, I'd be happy that Amber is free from these fuckers. On the other, my sister ate too hard in the first and looked bomb doing it...it'd be whack as hell.

Eh, aborting an unborn fetus is incredibly different from killing a baby. Odd statement 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

To be honest, it would be a strong counter-point to Avatar 2. There, the main character loses a child and immediately embraces anger and sets off to exact revenge and then learns to better appreciate his other son.

Here, the main character is free of the nagging wife and crying kid - WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT PAYING FINACIAL SUPPORT - and decides to go on a lads' holiday with his bro.

And people say superhero movies are stale and formulaic...

Let´s call it CAMP, give me the Aquaman making jokes and living his buddy cup dream after his kid is killed and i´m going with 5/5 best CBM movie of the year 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 12:31 PM, WittyUsername said:

I feel like this whole obsession with test screenings all started with Suicide Squad back in 2016. 

Test Screening have been going on since the Silent Day, what is new is the public focus on them.

Until fairly recently only people who cared about test screenings was the studio invovled.

The whole purpose of a test screenng..as opposed to a sneak preview which is something completly different,is to get how an audience reacts to a film, and what changes need to be made. Problem is, of course, that sometimes just too much is wrong with a film. I am NOT saying that is the case with Aquaman 2, but sometimes the flaws are just too deep to be fixed ujless you wnat to rewrite and reshoot the entire movie..