MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

9 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

GAG IT!

She was the best part about the first movie.

Their romance was definitely the best part of the whole thing, and if I recall correctly they were pretty close, weren’t they? I think he even defended her at first when stuff started coming out, didn’t he?

Wild how things change. Movie is definitely going to suffer for that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eric MacNeil said:

Moderation

Just letting you know we're not doing this "hit piece" stuff. It's not cute of y'all to act like this is an "attack" over a dumb kids movie that's made by people richer than you will ever be. Nor are we going after Amber. I know this game y'all are playing and it's not cute.

The language in here is incredibly condescending lol. Whatever, I agree with you and it seems like the rest of the thread does too minus a single post from a specific user who could have been contacted privately. Glad this board is protecting actors/professionals who are clearly dealing with behind the scenes issues that frankly we know nothing about and therefore should be careful when passing judgement. Still, weirdly juvenile way of responding to a user's comment.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who finds it messed up that Variety is reporting on Amber Heard’s private therapy notes that Johnny Depp stans paid to unseal last month in an attempt to further humiliate her? It’s like they’re positioning her as a convenient scapegoat in case this movie fails. Then again, I guess I shouldn’t have expected any less from Tatiana Siegel. 

FYI, Amber Heard was actually the most popular part of the first movie in China, so saying that they intended to cut her over “chemistry concerns” doesn’t add up. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Given the lack of genuine news from the piece it's worth going back to old statements.

Walter Hamada both acknowedged that she "tested well" in Aquaman 1 (due to a text saying as such from James Wan) at the trial and that she didn't have chemistry with Depp. That's weird but it's under oath! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10849595/Warner-Brothers-executive-says-FABRICATE-chemistry-Amber-Heard-Jason-Momoa.html

Ok, but what was previously alleged? Messily, Heard claimed employment harms from Depp claims going back to 2016

So this initial alleged fight for Heard to keep her job happened while she was actively dating Musk (at least that's what google implies). IDK, that seems like a relevant detail for the piece that alleges Musk threatened legal action over Aquaman 2? Seems like there were multiple conflicts with WB. 

I say messily because going back to that statement really means its hard to be sure an argument to look at a narrow timeline is obviously correct. 

Hard to know what the reasonable takeaway from all of this is but there was some sort of interpersonal drama and WB moved to recast her (this article versus "looking at someone" to replace her/discussing this with Momoa in the deposition). Seems like this obviously begs the question as to if Aquaman 1's set was notably unhappy.   But that's as far as I'm going. Don't know the facts and gawking at misfortune is bad.

I would think it’s pretty obvious that they tried to get rid of her because of the Depp drama, and that Walter Hamada’s talk about “chemistry concerns” was just a vague excuse. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would think it’s pretty obvious that they tried to get rid of her because of the Depp drama, and that Walter Hamada’s talk about “chemistry concerns” was just a vague excuse. 

THIS!    Come on, many of these movies people complain about lack of chemistry. (like Chris hemsworth and Natalie Portman)  and the executives didn't fire Natalie. I could give you countless examples.  IT's obvious that the chemistry excuse was bullshit

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Am I the only one who finds it messed up that Variety is reporting on Amber Heard’s private therapy notes that Johnny Depp stans paid to unseal last month in an attempt to further humiliate her? It’s like they’re positioning her as a convenient scapegoat in case this movie fails. Then again, I guess I shouldn’t have expected any less from Tatiana Siegel. 

FYI, Amber Heard was actually the most popular part of the first movie in China, so saying that they intended to cut her over “chemistry concerns” doesn’t add up. 

Hollywood doesn’t care about pandering to China anymore.

Or at least not as much as they used to.

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Wild that everyone was so worried about Momoa and Heard's 'chemistry' when she was pretty obviously the best thing about the first movie.

Heard and Momoa had low chemistry in the original even by CBM standards in my opinion. The saving grace of that movie was the underwater action + Wan’s direction.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

BOT really is the strangest place on the internet. 

Hahahahaha I can almost guarantee you it is not :lol: If so, I would love to be on the internet you are on, seems like such a nice place ;) 

6 hours ago, Eric MacNeil said:

Moderation

Just letting you know we're not doing this "hit piece" stuff. It's not cute of y'all to act like this is an "attack" over a dumb kids movie that's made by people richer than you will ever be. Nor are we going after Amber. I know this game y'all are playing and it's not cute.

Huh? It’s literally a hit piece from Variety directly against the film with about 5 different pieces of shady/bad publicity/ attacks.

Not going after Amber either. Never have.