MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

Is there a chance it does end up being good or at least as entertaining as the first one but WB is so gun shy after the Flash debacle that they do not want to take any chances so hence the late embargo and if there is any time of year to sacrifice opening weekend for legs after it would be this time of year. I mean for the action crowd it's either this or sit at home zoning out to Rebel Moon so Netflix can tout the record breaking viewing numbers they got for it. Likely not but something to consider.

40 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

Pretty bad numbers tbh

Yeah, it gonna not end well if WOM end by like The Marvel (China is good at dropping dead movies and for Aquaman 2, it just have 10-Days of free run before crashing to "Shining for One Thing" - All-Time 3rd Highest Pre-sale Film in China.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Is there a chance it does end up being good or at least as entertaining as the first one but WB is so gun shy after the Flash debacle that they do not want to take any chances so hence the late embargo and if there is any time of year to sacrifice opening weekend for legs after it would be this time of year. I mean for the action crowd it's either this or sit at home zoning out to Rebel Moon so Netflix can tout the record breaking viewing numbers they got for it. Likely not but something to consider.

I could buy that if the social media/review embargo was lifted on a Tuesday/Wednesday like Blue Beetle, but between the Thursday embargo and all the negative press around the movie for the past few months…I just don’t see it.

It might still be fun even if others don’t like it.

9 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I could buy that if the social media/review embargo was lifted on a Tuesday/Wednesday like Blue Beetle, but between the Thursday embargo and all the negative press around the movie for the past few months…I just don’t see it.

It might still be fun even if others don’t like it.

Probably but  I bet no matter what it is way more entertaining than a  netflix coma zone out like Rebel Moon. The irony of the man who started the DCEU down the path we are seeing come to its sad end.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Probably but  I bet no matter what it is way more entertaining than a  netflix coma zone out like Rebel Moon. The irony of the man who started the DCEU down the path we are seeing come to its sad end.

Damn, Rebel Moon and Aquaman 2 really are being released on the same day. It will be ironic to see Zack attempt to launch a new franchise on the same day his first one gives out its last breath. While I love his Justice League cut, and he ultimately wasn't the one to kill the DCEU, it was his questionable decisions made on both Man of Steel and especially Batman v Superman that got that franchise into the mess it remained in until the bitter end.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Damn, Rebel Moon and Aquaman 2 really are being released on the same day. It will be ironic to see Zack attempt to launch a new franchise on the same day his first one gives out its last breath. While I love his Justice League cut, and he ultimately wasn't the one to kill the DCEU, it was his questionable decisions made on both Man of Steel and especially Batman v Superman that got that franchise into the mess it remained in until the bitter end.

In your opinion, of The Flash and Aquaman 2, which one is the "Dark Phoenix" of the DCEU?

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

In your opinion, of The Flash and Aquaman 2, which one is the "Dark Phoenix" of the DCEU?

To clarify, I think of Josstice League as the killing blow to this franchise. But to answer your question, I think Aquaman 2 fits that bill a lot better, because at least Warner tried to hype up The Flash as best as they could considering how rough the movie ultimately was. Much like Dark Phoenix before it, Aquaman 2 is being sent out to die with subpar marketing. Warner's not even trying and not taking any more risks considering the franchise has been bleeding money for years at this point.

28 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

To clarify, I think of Josstice League as the killing blow to this franchise. But to answer your question, I think Aquaman 2 fits that bill a lot better, because at least Warner tried to hype up The Flash as best as they could considering how rough the movie ultimately was. Much like Dark Phoenix before it, Aquaman 2 is being sent out to die with subpar marketing. Warner's not even trying and not taking any more risks considering the franchise has been bleeding money for years at this point.

Yeah and I have Aquaman at $250M WW right now, which is right next to Dark Phoenix

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Well either way I think Marvel and DC will both be happy to focus mostly on shows for releases in 2024. Good chance for both to regroup and refocus.

Actually by weird coincidence both Marvel and DC are going to rely on their R rated stuff and animated stuff next year.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Well either way I think Marvel and DC will both be happy to focus mostly on shows for releases in 2024. Good chance for both to regroup and refocus.

Actually by weird coincidence both Marvel and DC are going to rely on their R rated stuff and animated stuff next year.

I wouldn’t say they’ll be happy to do that whatsoever. As that would mean it was their choice. 

Audiences decided that this year for both of them, and forced them into this position. 

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t say they’ll be happy to do that whatsoever. As that would mean it was their choice. 

Audiences decided that this year for both of them, and forced them into this position. 

I mean also the six months where production on basically all levels was shut down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Will you be seeing it in theatre? Did you see Blue Beetle in theatre?

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time/money to make it to the theater. Oppenheimer was the last film I saw in theaters. I will TRY to see Aquaman in theaters, and obviously I would prefer to see every film that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time/money to make it to the theater. Oppenheimer was the last film I saw in theaters. I will TRY to see Aquaman in theaters, and obviously I would prefer to see every film that way. 

Fair enough.

I have my tickets for Saturday in 4D. Hopefully we don't get too wet.

• Like 1