MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

Let me fill in the blanks based on "educated guesses":  😁

Spoiler

"I have a great time with..."  PATRICK WILSON.

"There's a lot of..."  NON-HOMOEROTIC BUDDY ACTION.

"It's a throwback to..."  BUTCH CASSIDY and the SUNDANCE KID.

Producer Daniel Alter is hinting on Twitter that this movie may get changed in post via reshoots.

Apparently Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot’s screen time are going to increase significantly and the movie will be turned into a glorified Justice League sequel the same way Captain America Civil War was a glorified Avengers movie.

Edited by Serpico Jones

2 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

Producer Daniel Alter is hinting on Twitter that this movie may get changed in post via reshoots.

Apparently Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot’s screen time are going to increase significantly and the movie will be turned into a glorified Justice League sequel the same way Captain America Civil War was a glorified Avengers movie.

Source? I can't find anything on this

2 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

I can't find nothing about this anywhere.

1 hour ago, Serpico Jones said:

@DAlter007. Check his comments.

Checked his Twitter and I found zero evidence of any tweets from him about Aquaman 2. I really hope you have the tweets as evidence, because it seems to me you are lying. And I really, truly do not like liars on this forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric the Extra-Terrestrial said:

Checked his Twitter and I found zero evidence of any tweets from him about Aquaman 2. I really hope you have the tweets as evidence, because it seems to me you are lying. And I really, truly do not like liars on this forum.

He was asked questions and responded with gifs about Aquaman. 

Edited by Serpico Jones
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric the Lion said:

And I'm sorry, who is this Daniel Alter guy? From what I can gather from his IMDb, all he's contributed to society is producing those Hitman movies and whining on Twitter. That doesn't really scream "insider" to me.

That’s literally all he does, and he’s very defensive of Disney/Marvel, he’s very odd. I had to block him years ago. 

Putting in other main DC characters into Aquaman 2 is a great move in my mind. Aquaman is a great platform for big exposure to other characters. It is their biggest movie and Aquaman 2 will surely do great as well.

3 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

THR also reported Aquaman 2 may get delayed. Probably to make way for reshoots but that’s just my speculation. 

Zaslav wants these movies to become major events and beefing up Affleck and Gal Gadot’s screen time fits with that plan.

I would prefer it to be a straight Aquaman movie (the blending of Arthur's and Bruce's world is so torturous a suspension of disbelief that it would require significantly more screenwriting skill than we saw on display in the first movie), but either way, the film is going to be major event- Jason Momoa and the success of Aqua 1 guarantees that.

I'll be there for the gangster crab lords and octopi drummers. 🐙