MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Apparently Momoa revealed

Reveal hidden contents

Not exactly. The Flash and Aquaman were filming in the same studio at the same time. Momoa and Affleck have both mentioned hanging out together during the shoot in interviews before.

It was said a while ago, after test screenings, that

Spoiler

the scene in question is post credits only. So it's just to make things not so convoluted because of The Flash.

Also it's hilarious seeing Ben here and The Flash, while Cavill with his "love the character" and “the cape is still in the closet” talk can't do nothing and say NO to everything.

• Haha 1

Just now, belblazer said:

It was said a while ago, after test screenings, that

Hide contents

the scene in question is post credits only. So it's just to make things not so convoluted because of The Flash.

Also it's hilarious seeing Ben here and The Flash, while Cavill with his "love the character" and “the cape is still in the closet” talk can't do nothing and say NO to everything.

Why would it have complicated by The Flash?

Spoiler

I do remember hearing a while back that Michael Keaton was supposed to be in this movie. I assumed they would’ve just cut his scene entirely after The Flash got moved to after this one. If they’re just going to re-film the scene with Affleck, then I seriously have to wonder what the point of the scene is anymore. I assumed it was originally meant to set up future movies, with Keaton serving as the Nick Fury (ugh). 

20 hours ago, belblazer said:

Yeah, if I were a Hollywood exec, I'd be over Cavill and his shit at this point too. He has still not proven he is a substantial draw at the BO by himself. He needs to cooperate and play along for at least one solo blockbuster that doesn't feature a star (or director) bigger than him that does gangbusters. Then he can make all these demands. Even RDJ, ScarJo and Holland had to ensure Sherlock Holmes, Lucy and Uncharted respectively were successful to show their BO potential outside of the MCU comfort zone.

The way he's currently behaving, Cavill is relegating himself to a lifetime of making streaming content. If that's what he wants for his career then good for him but he needs to wise up if he wants to be a cinematic star.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:46 AM, CloneWars said:

DC is such a mess. Honestly, Nolan was the best and worst thing to happen to DC. Best for giving us TDK, and worst because TDK probably led to the mess we have today and the lack of direction and overall messiness of DCEU

I'm always surprised how little this is talked about.

I mean, I don't like TDK in the first place, but this plays out either way whether you love it or dislike it: WB were desperate to revive the successes of the Nolan Trilogy and couldn't conceive of a DCEU plan that didn't riff on it. 

I don't particularly like Snyder either, but even so from the start he was charged with creating not "Zack Snyder's DCEU" but "Warner Brothers Presents Christopher Nolan's hypothetical DCEU as interpreted by Zack Snyder because Nolan doesn't want to do this stuff any more but we can't get over that." It was a hospital pass.

As for Aquaman, I feel sorry for it. The first film was really good popcorn fun and I'd suggest this one is likely to be too if they could put out just what they wanted to put out. Unfortunately I have never witnessed a more archetypal open creation of cult dynamics than the mass-madness of Depp fans. They are absolutely gone at this stage and in such a witch-burning fervour that there's an impasse. You either include Heard and get review bombed and boycotted and online-tantrummed into oblivion or set a precedent in caving to the most toxic behaviour yet and immediately beg the question of how The Flash - starring a far more egregious culprit of actually harmful behaviour in Miller - gets released if Heard is removed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

You either include Heard and get review bombed and boycotted and online-tantrummed into oblivion or set a precedent in caving to the most toxic behaviour yet and immediately beg the question of how The Flash - starring a far more egregious culprit of actually harmful behaviour in Miller - gets released if Heard is removed.

WB had to remove Heard only because they removed Depp from FB.

As for Miller: if he stays quiet months ahead and won't create any more problems, the movie's gonna be fine. 

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, if I were a Hollywood exec, I'd be over Cavill and his shit at this point too. He has still not proven he is a substantial draw at the BO by himself. He needs to cooperate and play along for at least one solo blockbuster that doesn't feature a star (or director) bigger than him that does gangbusters. Then he can make all these demands. Even RDJ, ScarJo and Holland had to ensure Sherlock Holmes, Lucy and Uncharted respectively were successful to show their BO potential outside of the MCU comfort zone.

The way he's currently behaving, Cavill is relegating himself to a lifetime of making streaming content. If that's what he wants for his career then good for him but he needs to wise up if he wants to be a cinematic star.

Cavill doesn’t have it as a movie star. I think some people realize it’s in their best interest to do streaming where you get paid a lot but no one can see you flop at the box office. I mean look at what Hemsworth gets paid for those Netflix things… wouldve been huge flops at the box office that’s for sure. Some actors are just not “buy a ticket for them” stars, more like “well I have Netflix anyways I guess”. 

2 hours ago, Ohana said:

WB had to remove Heard only because they removed Depp from FB.

As for Miller: if he stays quiet months ahead and won't create any more problems, the movie's gonna be fine. 

as soon as The Flash movie starts to get ready for release the flood of articles from the media saying things like "Why is WB releasing a movie with a child predator as the lead?" will be dropping. Hell they will come out even whenever a trailer releases