MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

I know who you're referencing and I think it's best to not over-exaggerate anything unless/until we hear it from the trades.  It may very well happen, but I wouldn't trust/legitimize any unofficial rumor about this within 24 hours of a notable court verdict.  As of now, we already know from Heard, herself that her planned scenes were greatly reduced and that she's not contracted for any further sequels.  That should be enough for some people.  

If Warners does that, it is going to be lot more controversial then the removal of Spacey was. Heard's offenses, whatever they might be, were not on the same level.

It has reached the point of pure hysteria now.

I think Heard is a miserbale excuse for a Human Being, but so is Depp. Sooner or waiter Public Opinion will swing back to the 'Plague On Both Your Houses" attitude.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If Warners does that, it is going to be lot more controversial then the removal of Spacey was. Heard's offenses, whatever they might be, were not on the same level.

I think Heard is a miserbale excuse for a Human Being, but so is Depp. Sooner or waiter Public Opinion will swing back to the 'Plague On Both Your Houses" attitude.

No Removing Amber heard would the best thing for the financial success of this movie. 

36 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I know who you're referencing and I think it's best to not over-exaggerate anything unless/until we hear it from the trades.  It may very well happen, but I wouldn't trust/legitimize any unofficial rumor about this within 24 hours of a notable court verdict.  As of now, we already know from Heard, herself that her planned scenes were greatly reduced and that she's not contracted for any further sequels.  That should be enough for some people.  

Well, if you know who I’m talking about that person is pretty reliable most of the time so I tend to believe them mostly. But in this case I want to see a trade confirm this cause it’s a pretty big step for them too take, and I’d much rather they just recast then not use Mera anymore. I’d really prefer to not have another situation like what happened with Fisher/Cyborg. 

Edited by cax16

32 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

No Removing Amber heard would the best thing for the financial success of this movie. 

You really think any significent number of people would not go and see Aquaman 2 just because Heard is in it??????????

As I stated this hatred of Heard is just freaking over the top, along with :Depp is GOd and can do no wrong".

At times I think it is just too late, our society has become too stupid to survive.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You really think any significent number of people would not go and see Aquaman 2 just because Heard is in it??????????

As I stated this hatred of Heard is just freaking over the top, along with :Depp is GOd and can do no wrong".

At times I think it is just too late, our society has become too stupid to survive.

Unfortunately, if they keep Heard in the movie, there’s a good chance that some idiots in theaters will just boo whenever she’s onscreen, unless public perception changes by next year.

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

4.4+M signing a petition for her to be removed is a big chunk 

41 minutes ago, jedijake said:

People (especially in the USA) have zero attention span. By the time the movie comes out next March, nobody will even remember there was a trial, let alone issue, between Depp and Heard. Less will care.

People may have a short attention span but Heard's appeal of the verdict handed down this week and her own $100M countersuit ensure that the circus will still be ongoing this time next year. It's a distraction that WB doesn't need that can be easily remedied, although my hope is that they recast rather than remove the character entirely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

People may have a short attention span but Heard's appeal of the verdict handed down this week and her own $100M countersuit ensure that the circus will still be ongoing this time next year. It's a distraction that WB doesn't need that can be easily remedied, although my hope is that they recast rather than remove the character entirely.

Heard's $100M counter suit was part of the recent trial.  Heard was awarded $2M in her counter suit.  So now only her appeal would further the distraction. 

1 hour ago, DSparrow said:

Heard's $100M counter suit was part of the recent trial.  Heard was awarded $2M in her counter suit.  So now only her appeal would further the distraction. 

Good to know, I thought that was an entirely separate proceeding still to come.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, dudalb said:

If Heard is left in the movie it will just draw the ire of a lot of crazy people online.

I know you think its a fringe group but internet stories can spread to the mainstream and this court case was a big deal.

The focus about the film becomes about Heard then about Aquaman which the studio does not want. 

4 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Depp is innocent and the trial proved that if you actually watched it. Heard should be cut from the movie, pay her dues, then if she's worth being hired in the future she will be. 

The trial just proved that both are toxic individuals and the less I hear from either of them the better.

Just recast Mera, because DC cannot afford another L. They’ve take way too many recently (poor box office of BOP, WW84, TSS and mediocre performance of The Batman) plus all the Ezra drama 

15 hours ago, El Gato said:

The trial just proved that both are toxic individuals and the less I hear from either of them the better.

Just recast Mera, because DC cannot afford another L. They’ve take way too many recently (poor box office of BOP, WW84, TSS and mediocre performance of The Batman) plus all the Ezra drama 

"Mediocre performance of The Batman"...😂

• Like 1