MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

22 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Source? I can't find anything on this

And doing this on the run without much thought is not a good idea anyway.

Looks to be like a panic move over what is going on with "The Flash" which was supposed to be the solo movie which is really an ensemble film that will reshape the DCU.

5 hours ago, Essem said:

Putting in other main DC characters into Aquaman 2 is a great move in my mind. Aquaman is a great platform for big exposure to other characters. It is their biggest movie and Aquaman 2 will surely do great as well.

Problem is doing it this late in the game.

Do things like this on the fly is one one of things that messed up the DCU in the first place.

43 minutes ago, Serpico Jones said:

There are reports that WBD may yet again delay the release date.

Still think to try to turn a solo Aquaman film in somekind of de facto JL movie is not a good idea.

Yes, it worked with CA.Civil War but that was planned from the beginning. This would be a makeshift job.

And Warners cannot keep delaying releases forever. They have to start bringing in the bucks sometime.

Right now Warners is clearly in survival mode, just trying to avoid bankruptcy.

And I suspect one motive behind the spreading out of releases to to spread out the costs of releasing a movie. WB must have big cash flow problems for them to resort to that.

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How is this releasing Christmas 2023 when WB already has Wonka and Color Purple next Dec?

Simple answer - Wonka likely isn't releasing there anymore. Color Purple still can as its completely different audiences. Wonka might move to November.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How is this releasing Christmas 2023 when WB already has Wonka and Color Purple next Dec?

I suspect they will be moved around also.  That is pretty obvious.

I think this is just the first of many changes to the schedule, they will space them out to avoid too much shock at once.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Simple answer - Wonka likely isn't releasing there anymore. Color Purple still can as its completely different audiences. Wonka might move to November.

Isn't Dune in November? Wonka is certainly getting pushed to March 2024.

• Like 1

Good job, WB!

This move is obviously much better for the film than March was. This will be the major tentpole of December has become the years premiere time slot. 

9 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

God, I hope they don't massively reshoot this because that's a loooong delay.

Don;t worry; Warners does not have the cash for any massive reshoots. THis gutting of the 2022 schedule smells "cash flow Problem".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

WB may intend to simply own the holidays 2023 and release both Wonka and Aquabro together. 

And risk competing with themselves.

You don't seem to get how much trouble WB is in,frankly. Their survival is now questionable.