MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

This might be weird to say given how well the first one did in December 2018 but this feels like such a summer movie because of the water theme. It's a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean, which I couldn't imagine releasing anywhere other than summer. Feels like Flash would be way better for the holidays.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Verrows said:

This might be weird to say given how well the first one did in December 2018 but this feels like such a summer movie because of the water theme. It's a lot like Pirates of the Caribbean, which I couldn't imagine releasing anywhere other than summer. Feels like Flash would be way better for the holidays.

Shazam 2 is actually supposed to take place around Christmas, isn't it?

39 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Shazam 2 is actually supposed to take place around Christmas, isn't it?

The first one did. I wish this one stuck on the pre-Christmas date this year but from what I've read WB can't even afford to release it by then. 

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

“We’re going to promise that everything from our first project forward is going to be unified,” said Gunn.

“But we’ve gotten very lucky for the next four projects,” added the filmmaker on the slate that was previously shepherded by former DC boss Walter Hamada.

Then wiping away any doubt about the future of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, and Zachary Levi’s Shazam, Safran emphasized, “These four movies are terrific. There’s no reason why any of the characters or the actors that play in those characters are not part of the DCU. There’s nothing that prohibits that from happening.”

“We’ll incorporate characters from the past, but mostly we’ll cast anew,” added the producer of Aquaman and Suicide Squad.

Ditto for the creators of these recent projects. Gunn and Safran would love to reteam with Flash filmmaker Andy Muschietti. Currently James Wan is focusing on finishing Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Then there’s Blue Beetle on Aug. 18 “that sort of has it’s own world and fits in directly into our DCU” followed by Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom on Christmas Day which leads into the universe that Gunn and Safran are mapping out.

i like jason in the part but don't really think they should be keeping him or Gal around it should be a hard reset. feel like people will see them and still think snyderverse,  of course it's an awkward position announcing your rebooted universe while you've still got some leftovers on the way that you want to succeed.