MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

19 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Dune 2 is in November, though

Then that might well be moved.

Basically the changes announced today will have a domino effect, and Warners is just delaying the annoucement of the further changes to avoid another shock to investors, and another drop in the stock prices.

I think no release date is safe. 

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

Dune 2 could move up again to October.

Or move to 2024.

No schedule relased date at Warners is now safe. There are going to be a lot  more changes; WB just does not want to annouce them yet to avoid creating even more panic among investors.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And risk competing with themselves.

You don't seem to get how much trouble WB is in,frankly. Their survival is now questionable.

You are coming off as dramatic. Yes, I am sure ultra-hot creator Matt Reeves just signed a first look deal with a studio whose survival is in jeopardy. I am sure the Philips, Phoenix, and Gaga just signed for a high profile film with a studio that may not survive. 

Wonka and Aquaman can and would absolutely coexist. The holiday market has more than enough space for 2 high profile films.

You guys are acting very odd. WB is largely correcting the bizarre, incoherent strategy of the former regime. Black Adam, Flash, Dune, Aquaman, Joker, Batman, and Wonder Woman are all legitimate tentpole Franchises. Barbie, Wonka, Kong/Godzilla, and Shazam may wind up in that boat too. Superman and Harry Potter are lingering out there. They have Matt Reeves, Margot Robbie, Timothee Chalamet and Austin Butler in their pockets.  They simply need to use their resources smarter and they will be just fine. 

The Alan Horn hiring means they will take mass appeal products and release strategy more seriously than previous. WB fans should be thrilled with the Aquaman 2 date- it may be #1 of the year. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It just occurred to me, but this movie is now scheduled to come out after the Flash movie again. Does that mean they can use Keaton again instead of Affleck?

I would bet alot of money Flash changes releasing dates as well. More time for the Miller mess to blow over.

20 minutes ago, Flip said:

wait never mind why is it releasing on Christmas Day? 😕

That’s the thing that really bugs me about this. I know theaters tend to do good business on Christmas Day, but it’s gonna be on a Monday next year. That’s such an awkward day to release a movie, even if it is a day when people will be off from work. Just release it on the 22nd!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s not currently scheduled to open on that date. It would make a lot more sense to release it on that date, but common sense doesn’t seem to be Zaslav’s strong suit. 

No doubt that Zaslav got where he is in life by being an epic idiot...

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

No doubt that Zaslav got where he is in life by being an epic idiot...

Plenty of very successful and intelligent movie executives have made and will continue to make some absolutely bone headed calls. If I wanted to know what spin off from naked and afraid with 4 foot 2 pygmies is best suited to mine for gold on the Bering sea then Zaslav is my man to go to. But for running a movie studio and DC and so forth I am not so sure. 

Time will tell. But so far his cost cutting and PR campaign is showing "mixed" results. 

14 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Plenty of very successful and intelligent movie executives have made and will continue to make some absolutely bone headed calls. If I wanted to know what spin off from naked and afraid with 4 foot 2 pygmies is best suited to mine for gold on the Bering sea then Zaslav is my man to go to. But for running a movie studio and DC and so forth I am not so sure. 

Time will tell. But so far his cost cutting and PR campaign is showing "mixed" results. 

Cost cutting was gong to happen no matter who was CEO given Warne'sr situation. Question is how and where the cuts were made.

My criticisms  of Zaslev is he seems to be using a cleaver instaed of a scaple and should forget the PR until the bleeding at Warners stops.

Edited by dudalb

22 hours ago, dudalb said:

Don;t worry; Warners does not have the cash for any massive reshoots. THis gutting of the 2022 schedule smells "cash flow Problem".

"We can make them better"...words out of Zaslav's own mouth, would seem to suggest otherwise...  

21 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It just occurred to me, but this movie is now scheduled to come out after the Flash movie again. Does that mean they can use Keaton again instead of Affleck?

I'm sure they'll keep both actors' footage so they can use whichever approach they like when the times comes!  Just like it's clear that someone, somewhere, is keeping a version of BATGIRL on some server or drive.  

41 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"We can make them better"...words out of Zaslav's own mouth, would seem to suggest otherwise...  

I'm sure they'll keep both actors' footage so they can use whichever approach they like when the times comes!  Just like it's clear that someone, somewhere, is keeping a version of BATGIRL on some server or drive.  

At the moment, I think there it's wise to mistrust anything coming out of Zaslev's mouth.