MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

I wonder if they've repackaged this sequel into a new DCU movie somehow. While Gunn stated that Superman Legacy gets the DCU going, he also said this "leads into" the DCU. 

We know this drops in theatres AFTER The Flash resets everything in June so either it's a dead movie walking and they're being careful with their language to try to sell it, or it has been repurposed and actually fits in the new plans while simultaneously being a sequel to the original DCEU Aquaman. I don't know how that would work but we'll see....

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Not too surprising really given Zaslov kind of ignored it when he was praising their upcoming releases. I kinda wish they released this before the Flash so they could just reset the whole thing.

That's what I've said on the past. This and The Flash should switch places if it was ready for June. 

4 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Sigh…every other day bruh

To be fair, I’m not the one who brought up test responses in this thread. It just seems weird to me that BSL would say seven months ago that the movie was testing well, only to suddenly do a complete 180.  

• Like 1

Speaking of ViewerAnon, here’s a tweet from December where he said that the movie was testing ok. It seems both him and BSL have changed their tune. Kind of weird. Maybe the movie is horrible, but why is there such a discrepancy between what they’re saying now, and what they said a few months ago?

• Like 2