Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Besides the 1st credits scene, what was there to like about this movie?

Lmao at the 80% score, it is insane the low standards critics have for the MCU. And then you guys wonder why people make jokes about Disney checks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 3

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imo, it also speaks volumes about 1) the MCU's giant growth in Phase 3 worldwide and 2) the massive anticipation for Endgame that undoubtely helped CM.

the most amazing thing about this release for me is that it managed to reach 150M opening with zero Endgame tie in.

I thought it was a given that Marvel would release a trailer for Endgame featuring Captain Marvel.

14 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Nah, if it had opened outside the IW/EG storyline, it would have got AM numbers. The fandango survey pretty much proved that.

(Looks at AMATW gross in between IW/EG)

tumblr_loegf9Syh51qdgyvr.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Lmao at the 80% score, it is insane the low standards critics have for the MCU. And then you guys wonder why people make jokes about Disney checks.

can't wait to see it.

An even more mediocre Marvel film than usual... it's impressive.

It always amazes me that Marvel hires the most talented and interesting directors and then the end product turns out to be the same regurgitated rubbish.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What was there to like in the first credit scene? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Let's stop pitting Captain Marvel against Wonder Woman. The director of Wonder Woman certainly isn't.

Heck, if this was a better world, they'd probably be talking about a Wonder Woman/Captain Marvel team-up movie.

Spoiler

Besides, Captain Marvel's stronger than Wonder Woman anyway, at least in movie continuity. 😲

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, the male percentage was nearly two-thirds for Captain Marvel's opening day. It's like the embodiment of the "there are dozens of us" meme.

Do they ever do breakdowns of race. Would love to see how many white males there were.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What was there to like in the first credit scene? 

Spoiler

SPOILERS

Spoiler

SPOILERS

Spoiler

Lol fuck you Tele I aint getting banned for spoilers you asshole.

Still love you tho :hug:

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I will probably get a "not cool" reaction for this, but the film isnt getting better the more i think about it. More like the other direction. So much potential, so many great actors but the script and especially the visual presentation of the film kinda sunk it for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 3