DeeCee

Wednesday Numbers Thread | VERY EARLY:CM $8.5-9M

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

My uh-oh comment was in preparation for a meltdown and had nothing to do with CM as a movie...stop being testy y'all.

We’re all waiting for the 8.5 in Charlie’s final update before melting down :ph34r:   

More seriously, even if it does like 8.4+8 the next two days that’s 42M from the first weekdays, which is a pretty solid 27.4% of the OW. I don’t particularly confident what multiple of that the next weekend will be because:

I’m Pretty sure there’s a bit of spring break this week, but not that much  

unclear how kid vs adult-skewing CM is, especially after the OW rush    

But it should do somewhere in the range of 1.55-1.8x the weekdays, I should think, so even off the lower W+Th that would be like 65-75.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If the mid-day estimate is $8.5M, chances are fairly good it goes up. As I said before, I was hoping the number would be 9.3-9.4.

It won't go that higher. 😄What I am getting is around $8.7mn. $8.5mn is floor and $8.9mn should be ceiling.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What DOM Wed are we looking at? So far, CM had the same trajectory as BatB. BatB dropped 35.5% Wed. If CM were to do that, we expect around $9.4M Wed.

37 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It won't go that higher. 😄What I am getting is around $8.7mn. $8.5mn is floor and $8.9mn should be ceiling.

Tuesday was really big, unclear why. 8.5-8.9 is not good enough or bad enough to cause much excitement. Hopefully Thurs pretty flat though.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$8.5M is quite a harsh drop. I hope it goes higher. I'll be satisfied with $8.9M.

24 minutes ago, UserHN said:

$8.5M is quite a harsh drop. I hope it goes higher. I'll be satisfied with $8.9M.

It would be a normal drop for a phase-III MCU movie. Unless ofcourse you're hoping for legs in the range of BP or TA.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Man that is not a bad drop, It's almost guaranteed to do 65m+ with an 8m thursday. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Wednesday #s are very good IMO. Why are you guys panicking?

My mistake. I was patterning it to a Disney princess movie and it never crossed my mind to actually compare it to GotG2 where the CM holds are better.

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

My mistake. I was patterning it to a Disney princess movie and it never crossed my mind to actually compare it to GotG2 where the CM holds are better.

Yeah, I was following the BatB pattern too.

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, I was following the BatB pattern too.

i never understoond why some people think that it will miss 400 dom maybe it will after the second weekend drop but still why would have only 2.5 multi bc until now thats not the case, i am still expecting a multi of 2.7-2.8

I made a solemn vow not to complain unless it was below <8.5, so my hands are tied here. Also, for reference, even 8.5 is -22.6% from Mon. Some MCU Mon-Wed drops (recent, excluding summer, holiday Mon, big spillover Mon):  

Thor3 -25.5%  

Gotg2 -23.7%  

DS -18.5%  

TWS -22.7%  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I made a solemn vow not to complain unless it was below <8.5, so my hands are tied here. Also, for reference, even 8.5 is -22.6% from Mon. Some MCU Mon-Wed drops (recent, excluding summer, holiday Mon, big spillover Mon):  

Thor3 -25.5%  

Gotg2 -23.7%  

DS -18.5%  

TWS -22.7%  

a say 8.7 million what drop from tuesday would that be ?

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thor3 -25.5%  

Gotg2 -23.7%  

DS -18.5%  

TWS -22.7%  

The March-April-May releases will be the closest comparisons. Middle of the summer or November releases would probably be acting differently.

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thor3 -25.5%  

Gotg2 -23.7%  

DS -18.5%  

TWS -22.7%  

Mon-Wed drops can be misleading at times though.

Two Mon-Thu scenarios starting with same Monday but the movie with better Mon-Wed drop has accumulated less over Tue+Wed+Thu :

13 (+30%) 

10 (-23% ; -0% from Mon)

9.0 (-10%) // 32 Tue+Wed+Thu

15 (+50%)

9.5 (-37% ; -5% from Mon)

9.0 (-5%) // 33.5 Tue+Wed+Thu

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2k said:

Two Mon-Thu scenarios starting with same Monday but the movie with better Mon-Wed drop has accumulated less over Tue+Wed :

13 (+30%) 

10 (-0% from Mon) // 23 Tue+Wed

15 (+50%)

9.5 (-5% from Mon) // 24.5 Tue + Wed

Yup, just making the point that big daily drop Wed is related to big daily bump Tues.    

Also that example illustrates nicely that you make more money with big spike big drop than both being more mild. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Two

Mon-Thu scenarios starting with same Monday but the movie with better Mon-Wed drop has accumulated less over Tue+Wed :

13 (+30%) 

10 (-0% from Mon) // 23 Tue+Wed

15 (+50%)

9.5 (-5% from Mon) // 24.5 Tue + Wed

any idea when we will know more about wendsday as i heard that this is still very early estimates also what drop from tuesady would be ? 36% ?