charlie Jatinder

Thursday (03/14/2019) Numbers - Early Estimates.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

but the longer Marvel can keep its box office this strong, the longer they'll be making movies. 

Marvel would have been gladly making all of these movies even if their box office was only half of what they actually made.

• Like 2

Some selected Th:2nd wknd multis, and the corresponding gross off of 8.9. Expect it on the low end with a possibly tad inflated Thurs.    

Gotg2 9.11-> 81M

TWS 9-> 80M

CW 8.9->79M

BatB 8.3->74M

Oz 8.04->71.5M   

THG 7.16-> 64M (also increased Thurs)

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like, I let emotions flow me with them. Back to ground, I will take $68-71mn for 2nd Weekend.

Nah, let it flow you. It could still have great jumps and approach mid 70s.

49 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

8.5*1.05=8.925 ☺️     

If it follows @a2k‘s Thurs:wknd trajectory 8.75-9 gives roughly 72-75

i now feel that's very optimistic. @TwoMisfits took spring break into account and might mute both Fri and Sat compared to what I used (+115% and +70%).

Using 95-100% and +60-65% might be more realistic for Fri, Sat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Why should we assume 8.5 if it's 8.75-8.9? #confused

better safe than sorry

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Multi could be lower because of inflated dailies due to staggered Spring Break

CAN + ?

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like, I let emotions flow me with them. Back to ground, I will take $68-71mn for 2nd Weekend.

CAN has (had?) some free days (or week? Baumer said it twice in the dailies) this week too (CAN 8% of dom???? headache, data not present)

1 hour ago, tawasal said:

why?

see TalismanRing's post

Possibility the better weekdays are based on pupils /YA free time, during school holiday times weekdeay are inflated weekend jumps up smaller

Both parts of the dom market had some days / a week free/spare time

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And $9-9.2mn Locked.

Holy hell!!

Now, do you think the same general pattern on its 2nd weekend will apply (aka 130% Friday jump, 60% Saturday jump, etc.) or can we expect a softer Friday jump as everything normalizes?

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Holy hell!!

Now, do you think the same general pattern on its 2nd weekend will apply (aka 130% Friday jump, 60% Saturday jump, etc.) or can we expect a softer Friday jump as everything normalizes?

I think we should keep expectations in check. I am going with 100% Friday jump, 60% Saturday and 27% drop to $69.5mn. My range would be $69-72mn.

• Like 5