FlashMaster659

Monday - CM 5.2m

27 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Personally if it misses by a bit on DOM yet shatters it by 300 million worldwide I'm not sure it matters. I liked Wonder Woman more, they failed on promoting that movie globally. It absolutely should have done 1+ billion.

I think WW had a very different style to most SH movies and that doesn't always translate as well to non English speaking audiences. You only have to look at Aquaman to see what sort of movie does translate, less nuance and more visual spectacle.

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

I think WW had a very different style to most SH movies and that doesn't always translate as well to non English speaking audiences. You only have to look at Aquaman to see what sort of movie does translate, less nuance and more visual spectacle.

Perhaps I really liked Aquaman but it definitely has less substance. I like both but I agree on what translates to universal appeal. Same issue Man of Steel had, too dark and gloomy.

9 hours ago, Manny G said:

Despite opening $50M higher I don’t think CM will match WW domestic haul.

Gonna be close. WW had those beautiful legs

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

if WW was mind blowing...what was Black Panther 

If Black Panther was mind blowing...what was Avatar :insane:

Seems like no one can mention a movie's BO run without being bombarded with Whataboutery,

• Like 1

With $779.2M at global , ranks #21 all-time among comic book movies & will climb up 3 more spots tonight.

- snip - is already part of te other tweets
Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Wonder Woman had summer weekdays, I don't think it's a fair comparison. @CM vs WW 

Of course it's fair. Summer weekdays means weaker weekends. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Captain Marvel has passed every Spider-Man movie at the worldwide box office, as per Gitesh on twitter. 

Thats definitely not correct. Homecoming made $880m and S3 did $890m. Pretty sure SM1 is over $810m as well. 

• Like 2