Eric S'ennui

CinemaCon 2019 Discussion Thread l April 1-April 4 l Paramount (1 ET/10 PT) Lionsgate (5:15 ET/2:15 PT)

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

hopefully you're right. it just seems to me critics are ready to bury it. just a feeling i have

Ehrlich was ready to bury Shazam!, and he loved it, so you never know. Aladdin could still get raves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Sonic alone ensures Paramount wins CinemaCon.

Shit I forgot who owns Sonic movie rights now so this completely skipped my mind. I just want to see the press reactions to whatever they show XD 

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yeah getting harder to see the point of cinemacon for them, will they have any issue getting theater at the release date they want without it ?

Might be hard to schedule Froze II, SW 9 and Avatar without it. ^_^

They have D23 this year - that's when they'll probably unleash the later half of their schedule

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Technically Warner Bros. has the Nintendo movie, so...Parmount does what Warn...Don't....look, it's been a long day, okay?

I meant because Universal dropped the ball with no finished Cats footage 😞

Paramount can make up for that with some sweet, sweet Sonic footage.

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They have D23 this year - that's when they'll probably unleash the later half of their schedule

And of course, SW Celebration starts in ten days.

===

Took a look at scheduling for D23 (Aug 23-25) and Comic-Con (July 18-21) and  it made me wonder if they're far enough apart for  J.J. to show up in San Diego.  He does like Comic-Con, after all.  Might be just the right time to drop a BtS sizzle reel like they did for TFA.

Knowing Disney's love of exclusitivty, probably not.  But I can hope at least that they'll take a page out of the TFA marketing playbook and show up in San Diego this year.

Edited by Porthos

15 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm wondering if they'll reveal the Phase 4 slate at SDCC or D23.

No where. Feige confirmed they won't do a repeat of Phase 3's slate reveal, and tbh seeing how that went I fully get why.