CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

That one second of Grindelwald somehow ends up capturing the charismatic side of Grindelwald far more than Depp did in the entirety of CoG (and he did well in that film but Mads should have been cast from the get go).

I think the plot of this will be easy to follow and audiences (particularly WW fans) will enjoy this. I do think the only questions will be where is Nagini and why is Tina in it so little...but otherwise, this is going to be very straightforward. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

That one second of Grindelwald somehow ends up capturing the charismatic side of Grindelwald far more than Depp did in the entirety of CoG (and he did well in that film but Mads should have been cast from the get go).

I think the plot of this will be easy to follow and audiences (particularly WW fans) will enjoy this. I do think the only questions will be where is Nagini and why is Tina in it so little...but otherwise, this is going to be very straightforward. 

Depp showed the manipulative side of Grindelwald very well tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Felipe said:

Depp showed the manipulative side of Grindelwald very well tho.

He did. Plus, it was his best performance in a blockbuster series since the first Pirates. Nuanced and not over the top (although that did come out in small bursts).

I think Depp was at his best as Grindelwald when he was with Queenie...that one minute was peak Grindelwald IMO. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, baumer said:

This is still getting released?  Didn't think anyone cared about Potter spinoffs anymore.

Since baumer doesn't know anyone who cares, I'll make sure to give WB a call to ensure the upcoming release is cancelled and for the franchise to be discontinued.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Since baumer doesn't know anyone who cares, I'll make sure to give WB a call to ensure the upcoming release is cancelled and for the franchise to be discontinued.

No need.  I'm sure you and the other Potter loonies are excited for it.  We all have our niche films that we enjoy.  

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

So a niche blockbuster.

You could literally say that about any fandom ever lmao. Star Wars, Marvel, LOTR, etc. A blockbuster is a blockbuster. And there are extremely few franchises that can reach that level, with spin-offs nonetheless. 

5 minutes ago, James said:

You could literally say that about any fandom ever lmao. Star Wars, Marvel, LOTR, etc. A blockbuster is a blockbuster. And there are extremely few franchises that can reach that level, with spin-offs nonetheless. 

Potter is old news.  It'll make a few hundred million, but it's mostly an after thought.  Like I said, I'm happy the Potter loonies have something to watch.  It's cute seeing Noctis excited for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Potter is old news.  It'll make a few hundred million, but it's mostly an after thought.  Like I said, I'm happy the Potter loonies have something to watch.  It's cute seeing Noctis excited for it.

You mean more than literally every movie this year except one or two? 😂 I wont fight you, Baumer. You clearly don't like this franchise. Hope you have a great day. 

6 minutes ago, James said:

You mean more than literally every movie this year except one or two? 😂 I wont fight you, Baumer. You clearly don't like this franchise. Hope you have a great day. 

That's my point though.  It's not a franchise, imo, that is going to break out and do crazy business.  

And I don't hate the franchise.  In fact, I'm going to watch all the Potter movies again over the holidays as CRAVE has now added all of them,

27 minutes ago, Gazer365 said:

It's likely going to do between 400-550 mil ww. I agree that it will drop down from the previous movie but not as big as some think.

it will drop hard. Last one was despised by fans and regular cinema goers. Add in the over three year gap and no holiday legs and you got yourself a nasty drop coming 

• Like 1