cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

4 minutes ago, DInky said:

If rumors are to be believed then the movie started to test significantly worse after they tried to remove Amber Heard from the movie.

We're those rumors ever actually true? Because whenever I saw them they were like "she's being replaced by Emilia Clarke" which was clearly a fake thing from Game of Thrones fans

It looks like DC is just unable to follow through with great sequels after having a hit solo origin movie, even when they have the exact same director.

Wonder Woman 1984, now Shazam, and likely Aquaman.

I still think WW2 hate is too excessive, it wasn't THAT bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well, this movie was very late in development when Gunn decided to reboot, so that probably wouldn't have been changed one way or the other except maybe the marketing, but that wouldn't have affected the reviews. Unlike say Flash which sounds like it's had at least a couple things changed specifically because of Gunns plans.

Well, it sounds like Gunn maybe changed last five minutes of The Flash so if it makes big money they can make another one. But that's it. Guess he's more involved with Aquaman 2, Gunn himself even used 'WE' when talking about how they're finishing the movie.

17 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Well, it sounds like Gunn maybe changed last five minutes of The Flash so if it makes big money they can make another one. But that's it. Guess he's more involved with Aquaman 2, Gunn himself even used 'WE' when talking about how they're finishing the movie.

Well yes he's involved, he's the CEO, but it doesn't sound like any reshoots or something were made. The movie likely most impacted by Gunn coming on board is probably going to be Blue Beetle

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well yes he's involved, he's the CEO, but it doesn't sound like any reshoots or something were made. The movie likely most impacted by Gunn coming on board is probably going to be Blue Beetle

A2 had six weeks of reshoots in November / December.

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

We're those rumors ever actually true? Because whenever I saw them they were like "she's being replaced by Emilia Clarke" which was clearly a fake thing from Game of Thrones fans

WB reshooting all of Heard's scenes with a different actress was obviously crazy fan fiction but I can believe that they tried to make Heard's role smaller in the edit.

Edited by DInky

1 minute ago, dxmatrixdt said:

hey, where do you find the average rating on RT?  i scanned the page for a few movies and couldn't find it, but on reviews part for movies on Wikipedia, it states the average rating.  thanks!

Just click on the number, it'll show you the breakdown.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If reviews keep trending this way the odds of over performing it's tracking are very slim.

I don't get how this couldn't pull together when the first one was so great and was received much, much better.

Because:

1. The DCEU never fully recovered from the damage done by BvS, SS, and JL.

2. It's been four years since the first film came out and the Iron is no longer hot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If reviews keep trending this way the odds of over performing it's tracking are very slim.

I don't get how this couldn't pull together when the first one was so great and was received much, much better.

Because critics are much more jaded towards cbms these days than they were 4-5 years.  They are tired and they want the genre to take a backseat. The batman would have scored 90+ in 2018 and so would Wakanda forever.  Multiverse of Madness would be at the 80 if it was released in 2019. That's how it is.  I really don't think the actual quality gap between shazam movies warrants a 40% difference. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jeight said:

Because critics are much more jaded towards cbms these days than they were 4-5 years.  They are tired and they want the genre to take a backseat. The batman would have scored 90+ in 2018 and so would Wakanda forever.  Multiverse of Madness would be at the 80 if it was released in 2019. That's how it is.  I really don't think the actual quality gap between shazam movies warrants a 40% difference. 

Personally don´t agree with this. Critics aren´t jaded towards CBM the quality has just declined very much. TSS, Shang-Chi and NWH all got 90+ on RT. Also the audiences response have been pretty similar to the critcs on these movies so it suggest more that quality is down rather then critics beeing more jaded . In fact I would argue that a movie like MoM got a stronger RT rating then it should have had based on response from audiences.

I haven´t watched Shazam yet but this sounds like a classic movie that tries to go bigger and then loses what worked for the first one. Excited to catch it tomorrow to see if I feel that way or end up loving it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The DCEU’s highest grossing film came out literally after all of those were released. How are they to blame for Shazam 2?

They were critically panned and had mixed to bad audience reception.  It's hilarious to think suicide squad or bvs had widely positive reception

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Personally don´t agree with this. Critics aren´t jaded towards CBM the quality has just declined very much. TSS, Shang-Chi and NWH all got 90+ on RT. Also the audiences response have been pretty similar to the critcs on these movies so it suggest more that quality is down rather then critics beeing more jaded . In fact I would argue that a movie like MoM got a stronger RT rating then it should have had based on response from audiences.

I haven´t watched Shazam yet but this sounds like a classic movie that tries to go bigger and then loses what worked for the first one. Excited to catch it tomorrow to see if I feel that way or end up loving it.

The quality is more or less the same that it was 5-6 years ago.  You mean to tell me that Multiverse of madness is that much worse than far from home or ant man and the wasp or captain marvel?  All of those are in the 80s range. 

The quality is about the same.  The critics are much more fed up with the genre

• Knock It Off 1