cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Because it's not.

I watched it last week, the issue is that the movie is unbalanced. The stretch from the reveal of Anthea being a goddess to the stadium being boxed in is very unfocused. The lack of Billy Batson likely imbalances it in that stretch as we never see Asher Angel. It's hard to say why it doesn't work as well but there is just something in that stretch which should have been moved earlier.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

“I think even just the world, from the first movie to the second movie, the world has shifted so much,” Levi added on “The FilmUp Podcast.” “Social media has shifted so much. Hate, online hate and haters and trolls, and factions and all that has just gotten more galvanized in its toxicity. I think there are people who genuinely, unfortunately, want to destroy certain projects because they don’t like them, or they don’t like me, or they don’t like other people involved in them or whatever.”

I agree with him on that. The thing is people only start having a problem with that when the hate is directed at the things they like.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 3:35 AM, Mojoguy said:

I'm legit shocked this ended up making less than Moribus. Holy shit.

This sequel being Shazam vs Black Adam instead would have been a million times more interesting, but Rock's ego ended up killing that.

The upcoming reboot also deflated any interest for this.

A bit late, but ,hell, just having the League of Evil Monsters as the main villians, as built up in the mid credit sequence of Shazam, would have made a better movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I watched this again last week and honestly it’s a fun time, and for me it’s infinitely better than The Flash and Black Adam. I really don’t get the hate that it keeps receiving.

You have a funny sense of fun.

• Astonished 1

It is out of the top 20 disk sellers.  It started at number 1 surprisingly beating Creed 3 (big home media flop) and then getting crushed b Dungeons and Dragons and 65.  From there it fizzled out but remained decent in sales. 

On digital it is doing bad, and it is doing well on rentals still in the top 10 (Interestingly Black Adam is 15 there now).

2 minutes ago, Human said:

On digital it is doing bad, and it is doing well on rentals still in the top 10 (Interestingly Black Adam is 15 there now).

Is this data publicly available?

47 minutes ago, nox said:

Is this data publicly available?

Yes.  

I use this site which typically updates on Friday morning (and Saturday for digital).

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/scream-6-tops-blu-ray-sales-but-edged-by-super-mario-bros-on-overall-disc-chart/

This site is also often recommended. https://www.degonline.org/portfolio_page/top-digital-movies-sales-rentals/

I just find MPN is easier to navigate.  

From there you just go through the archives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You can't do the "maybe it'll be a cult classic" just 6 months after release.

It will be one of those movies people watch the first one, enjoy it, watch the sequel, turn the sequel off before it is over.

• Knock It Off 1

25 minutes ago, Human said:

It will be one of those movies people watch the first one, enjoy it, watch the sequel, turn the sequel off before it is over.

It's really amazing how much worse it is considering it's the same cast and creative team. I hope Sandberg lands on something good (maybe back to horror?) because he seems like a really cool guy.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's really amazing how much worse it is considering it's the same cast and creative team. I hope Sandberg lands on something good (maybe back to horror?) because he seems like a really cool guy.

First one stars Angel.  2nd stars Levi.  Angel gave way better performances.

• Astonished 1