cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

36 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't get the appeal of Lobo tbh (and apparently neither do the majority of folks as the character has always been fringe). 

The Rock should have been Shazam! himself. It's what I've been saying since 2015 or whenever the DCEU road map was first shared. He could have given a star-making turn to an Egyptian actor as Black Adam to play the sympathetic antagonist in his Shazam film and we would be looking at a very different situation right now.

Nah, the Rock shouldn't have been anywhere near any Shazam related project, Black Adam or no. If we're that desperate to include him make him a Green Lantern or something. Rock as Shazam would have just been 2 boring hours of "I am Rock, I am very badass" AGAIN just with a red suit instead of a black one. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Shouldn't the title be updated to getting mixed reviews? This is ending up rotten once more reviews get added to RT.

I'm not entirely sure of that, but the reviews aren't enticing enough for a Puss 2 style second win, which is more important. "Mediocre positive" wouldn't be enough.

This movie was a solid 7/10 until the third act which was a jumbled CGI mess.

Also we don’t need to worry about the box office, it’s safe to assume the good people at Skittles, Gatorade and Uber have ensured this movie has already made a profit with what can only be described as the most shameless and embarrassing product placement I have ever seen in a film.

”Taste the rainbow”…twice.

• Like 1

Jesus. These Shazam reviews are quite bad especially considering it's looking to open o/u $20m. Feels like Shazam was given a wash to make way for the new DCU. At least DC has Flash and Aquaman left over.

24 minutes ago, YM! said:

Jesus. These Shazam reviews are quite bad especially considering it's looking to open o/u $20m. Feels like Shazam was given a wash to make way for the new DCU. At least DC has Flash and Aquaman left over.

Well, this movie was very late in development when Gunn decided to reboot, so that probably wouldn't have been changed one way or the other except maybe the marketing, but that wouldn't have affected the reviews. Unlike say Flash which sounds like it's had at least a couple things changed specifically because of Gunns plans.

25 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Aquaman is said to be one of the worst decision movies per latest test screenings so let's just another dude. Also,  how bad did want fjck it for aquaman to be a contender for worst scrutinize movie? 

If rumors are to be believed then the movie started to test significantly worse after they tried to remove Amber Heard from the movie. I get that people feel all sorts of ways about her but if Mera's inclusion makes the movie better then keep Heard in the film.

Edited by DInky