cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

7 minutes ago, DInky said:

What was the last one? Fant4stic came to mind but that made over 160M.

For just non-R superhero stuff, might have to go back to 00s? Even Morbius and suicide squad cleared it. And latter was even R. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I liked this which isn’t really surprising cause of how much I liked the first one. Obviously wasn’t as good as the first but still had fun. I didn’t read any full reviews, just saw the snippets yesterday but I figured this would be 60-70 on RT from what I saw yesterday. After seeing it today I’m kinda surprised it’s rotten but it’s not my place to tell anyone how they should feel about a movie. 

As for the box office it’s obviously gonna be a huge bomb, I only feel bad for Sandberg cause I like him and have followed him for so long( and the first movie deserved better imo)but it’s also his movie so you have to live with what you make. 

• Like 5

The score of normal critics will be bad, it only better than the top critics, but still bad , now all critics have 95 reviews, 5.80 out of 10 average rating, top critics 21 reviews, 4.80 out of 10 average rating, so the average rating of normal critics is 6.1, fall too hard.

7 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

For anyone that doesn't know "score-details-json" lets you see the raw vote totals instead of just seeing binned numbers (currently < 50).

Where do you paste "score-details-json?" I tried it with a backslash in the URL and it didn't work, but I'm curious to see this in action.

RT looks like it's down to 56% btw, even with fewer than 100 reviews. Crazy

CBM's won't vanish, but clear the days they are the automatic slam dunk they were a few years ago.

I think the craze peaked with Endgame.

I don't know what will take it's place, but I am very skeptical it is going to be Video Game movies.

I think kwe might be in a perios where no one genre is going to dominate the way CBM's have in the past decase.

Edited by dudalb

16 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Where do you paste "score-details-json?" I tried it with a backslash in the URL and it didn't work, but I'm curious to see this in action.

RT looks like it's down to 56% btw, even with fewer than 100 reviews. Crazy

if you click on the score and then click view source you will see this part 

sewufr.jpg

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This is not what Warners wanted to hear.

A few more like this and it will be that's all, folks, for Zaslev.

Zaslav will be able to write off every project until like 2025. 

1 hour ago, B D Joe said:

Shazam and Ant-Man 2 only did ok domestically during the 2018/2019 superhero peak so I wouldn't take their sequels bombing as a big predictor of anything for the genre.

It is a valid point that these are both movies that shouldn’t really exist to start with. Who was REALLY asking for them? Shazam 1 was so “it’s there” that I don’t even think it would have been possible to build a sequel from that world/characters that could get incredible and excited WOM. 

• Like 1