cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

Just now, Lucas said:

shazam.png

Really interested in how this is gonna turn out.

Your critic scores from here always end up foretelling how it goes on RT, so the fact that this will almost definitely be fresh makes me feel very baffled by what on earth WB was thinking not lifting this a week or so ago.

Test screenings were bad, WB preferred not to take the risk when there was the possibility of further sinking the film by allowing reviews, even though many bloggers give these movies free pass, it was simply a high risk that they did not want to face.

Either way, it's early for conspiracy theories. DigitalSpy panned it so who knows https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V_x_K1OXa5wJ:https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a43173673/shazam-2-review-fury-gods/&cd=2&hl=es-419&ct=clnk&gl=co

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Your critic scores from here always end up foretelling how it goes on RT, so the fact that this will almost definitely be fresh makes me feel very baffled by what on earth WB was thinking not lifting this a week or so ago.

It'll be interesting to see because, as someone who has seen the film and talked to others who have seen the film, I can't really tell where it's gonna end up. Reviews came out this morning in Sweden and they're pretty much all at 2/5, but then you see the positive reactions going around on twitter, the two positive reviews that appeared early on RT, and also the positive Critics' Choice rating (unless it's about to collapse as more votes come in). I wouldn't be overly confident in it, but there does seem like there was a notable chunk that genuinely enjoyed the film.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's very accurate on the Critics' Choice metric. Check out other movies and compare and contrast.

No it's not. Ant-man 3 was straight up panned including top critics (it was not a WW84 case)

Edited by Lighthouse

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

No it's not. Ant-man 3 was straight up panned including top critics (it was not a WW84 case)

Yeah, that's what the 65 on Critics' Choice is reflecting. I'm asking you to check other movies on Critics Choice and compare them to their Rottentomatoes scores. 65 never means 65% on RT or even a 6.5 average rating. Eternals has a 61, Black Adam has a 66. If you're in the 60s, then most often you'll find the movie is rotten on RT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Reviews so far all make this sound like it’s gonna be 60-70 on RT. Unfortunately I don’t think anything can help the Box office. 

I think most of what I've seen have praised the film for being enjoyable, very similar to the first, but with nothing really new.

I imagine we'll see a lot of Fresh, but with like 3/5 stars. Could still finish with 80+ if that happens.

42 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

WB is run by a guy who doesn't care about movies. That's pretty much it. He cares about money only.

INo fan of the current Warner's CEO, but in the end making money for stockholders is the reason that WB exists.\ and a CEO who fails at that will not stick around for long no matter how many good movies he makes.

Don;t kid yourself otherwise. 

It has always been about the Benji's, with movies just a means to that end.

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Comicbookmovie.com takes me back. Used to be a very active user there between 2009-2014 or so. The site still looks the exact same from a decade ago which is rare for a site tbh.

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Reviews so far all make this sound like it’s gonna be 60-70 on RT. Unfortunately I don’t think anything can help the Box office. 

Reviews are more like OK then raves, and I think you needed raves to overcome the lack of interest among the GA this movie has.

• Like 1