cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

Have just seen this. I thought it was good. There's a perfect amount of humor and the story was more fleshed out. I loved the scenes involving the lair and everytime the Shazams were doing their thing. I also thought the final fight scene was handled well. There were great shots that I thought were straight out of a comic book. This was a way, way better movie experience than BLACK ADAM. 😅

I am not a fan of Lucy Liu's portrayal of her character, though. Maybe it's her speaking voice that didn't do it for me. I don't know. I just wished she was more menacing.

There are two after credits scene, by the way. One is at the end end.

I hope this finds an audience because it's really good.

• Like 9
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheDude391 said:

Rewatched the original and it still held up like gangbusters. The emphasis on small scale practical setpieces really was refreshing. 

Genuinely so confused as to WBs handling of this especially when reactions are positive?

The first one is one of my favorite DCEU movies. Let's not put the cart before the horse with positive reactions. Almost everyone who actually spoke about the film (and it was a small sample) were bloggers. It felt tempered to me, similar to Ant-Man though not that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Sure... especially that third act.

Shazam third act is nowhere near the bloat of almost any other CBM third act. There's always going to be some CGI in these movies, that's the way it is. But remaining focused on character and small-scale skirmishes was refreshing.

• Like 1

If this ends up fresh on RT like I said in the tracking thread, then WB definitely was burying this. I see no reason why you'd put the embargo on reviews THIS late rather then try to capitalize on good reviews the way D&D is trying to do.