cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

13 hours ago, cax16 said:

I wonder what this means for the filming schedule for Shazam 2, must be happening sooner rather then later. 

I imagine they want the kids to look as young as possible, a year can make a huge different in terms of growth and appearance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cax16 said:

It will be interesting to see how they connect the movies (Shazam and Black Adam)

I would bet Black Adam shows up in the post credit sequence for Shazam, (setting up Shazam 3) and Shazam does the same for Black Adam.

I was rewatching the first film this week and wow. It's so beautiful, genuine and heartful. I was impressed at how David managed to choose the emotional story about a foster kid over the action and CG scenes.

It sure is one of the best DC films ever. A lot of Birds of Prey reviews are mentionating Shazam for its quality and originality.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Asher Angel is going to be 20 by the time this movie is released. That’s kind of a weird thought. 

seriously....how is this going to work? the two versions of billy already seemed dissonant in the first film. i can’t imagine how it’s going to work now when the whole appeal is ‘kid in a superhero’s body’

1 hour ago, snarkmachine said:

seriously....how is this going to work? the two versions of billy already seemed dissonant in the first film. i can’t imagine how it’s going to work now when the whole appeal is ‘kid in a superhero’s body’

I mean, the character will most likely still be a minor in the next movie. Tom Holland was 20 when he played a 15 year old Peter Parker in Homecoming. This stuff isn’t exactly uncommon. With that said, I’d have to imagine that his growth spurt will be kind of jarring. 

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

They should’ve rushed a sequel out for early next year. The first movie felt like one of those movies that just came and went (like Detective Pikachu). 3 years is too long.

The first movie did come out in the same month as Endgame, so there’s that. Anyway, it’ll be almost four years at this point.

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, the character will most likely still be a minor in the next movie. Tom Holland was 20 when he played a 15 year old Peter Parker in Homecoming. This stuff isn’t exactly uncommon. With that said, I’d have to imagine that his growth spurt will be kind of jarring. 

This is why I don’t get why anyone is questioning anything about this. Also, with regards to the other kids.