sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

Before WW1984 BOP and Black Widow are coming.. I think second movie wouldn't have that royalty like the first one. 

It will do good but not that good. 

I also except BP to decrease. There is nothing wrong in that. 

There's so much good will from the first movie. There's no reason to not do better. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Does $5-10m give or take domestic really matter?  Especially when we're not even bothering to do adjusted numbers?

But adjusted for inflation, it will be even more difficult for CM.

Anyway it isn't a contest, but WW was obviously the more significant movie - the rise of female superhero blockbusters.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Alli said:

I loved WW so much. I can't believe CM is beating it by that much. And NO, i haven't seen CM yet, but i can't imagine it being better.

Maybe for some people it's better. 

I love both Wondy and CM. There is nothing wrong in CM doing better than WW. 

Did you feel sad when Avengers out grossed Dark Knight or when 

Nth Spiderman Movie out grossed (N-1)th Spiderman Movie. 

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I loved WW so much. I can't believe CM is beating it by that much. And NO, i haven't seen CM yet, but i can't imagine it being better.

good way to judge a movie that you havent see " i cant imagine " maybe it isnt and thats nothing bad sigh .... aquaman made more than ww  sigh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

I expect WW1984 to explode. 200/500 is my prediction.

So do I to be honest maybe a bit lower on the OW side as there’s no real competition for it in the summer domestically (Black Widow will likely do around Ant Man Numbers, Fast 9 will decrease domestically, Ghostbusters are dead and Minions 2 is going decrease so much) and although CBMs likely won’t be as big as the last two years, I still think there would be a lot of hype. It, whatever Nolan and Pixar projects are and Jungle Cruise in my opinion will likely be the biggest summer breakouts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

All i'm saying is that WW deserved to do more. At least 1B. It's so easy for the other cbm to do it.

It's not easy btw.. 

Just because BP, CM and Aquaman did it in first try doesn't mean everyone can do it. 

What a nice way of undermining other CBM success.. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

All i'm saying is that WW deserved to do more. At least 1B. It's so easy for the other cbm to do it.

Box office has absolutely nothing to do with what we subjectively think a movie "deserves" to earn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

$1B is still a hard number. Even films like GV2, Homecoming, BVS and JL, all of which had decent shots failed.

• Like 1