sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

I literally see like no posts in this thread cause I have so many people on ignore now. This thread is garbage, this CM v WW stuff has been going on for weeks now and it’s so annoying. Some of you really need to grow up, you ruin these threads for everyone. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Wonder Woman was an icon in USA before movie was even released. 

CM is totally unknown character. And as for assist every MCU movie assist each other. 

Everyone here is so ready to dismiss CM just because it outgrossed WW. 

Very few people knew CM, WW was the most famous female Superhero. 

You are seriously the best poster here by a mile, along with Baumer. Every post of yours is full of common sense and logic amongst a sea of stupidity. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

17 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Because CM is going to outgross WW and some people can't handle it. 

Who exactly really cares? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I literally see like no posts in this thread cause I have so many people on ignore now. This thread is garbage, this CM v WW stuff has been going on for weeks now and it’s so annoying. Some of you really need to grow up, you ruin these threads for everyone. 

Not to mention there’s a dedicated thread for this crap 

• Thanks 1

All right guys enough have the Wonder woman and captain Marvel stuff. Let's just stick to weekend numbers. No need to go down this road.

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

You are seriously the best poster here by a mile, along with Baumer. Every post of yours is full of common sense and logic amongst a sea of stupidity. 

But he just made Endgame under Titanic club no comman sense? :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Let's move on and talk about Dumbo bombing.. 

I think Alaadin could be the next bomb. 

I feel the awareness of Aladdin is high enough that it won’t straight bomb. I expect it to open large, but be very frontloaded 

23 minutes ago, Nero said:

But Green Lantern flopped and the new Flash movie is delayed.... Here's the thing add a new character in sequel and maybe change the director cause he might add something different than this one which might click with global audience then you can see increase like Antman 1 to Antman 2. But it will always be a small character just like Antman

It is a good film, and deserved to earn more. It is not totally dead in Asia, it is having above average word of mouth in some parts of Asia albeit in smaller countries like Singapore.

but yes, it is not doing well in key Asian markets like China and South Korea.

But to change director for the sequel? I mean if David Sandberg chooses not to return, then WB can think about changing directors. To “punish” a director by removing him when he made a great film, albeit a film that could not connect with some key markets, sounds like a silly move.

i honestly think the biggest issue is the release date.

There are people who said it is 1 month after CM, and 3 weeks before EG so impact will not be much, but we see that 1) presales hype of EG totally covered Shazam’s marketing in its final week and 2) it seems that casual moviegoers, who have not watch CM in the last month, is now catching CM before EG arrives - hence the small drops for CM.

It just seems that there is not a big enough room in April for another superhero film (from another brand) to gross like a 500/600m Worldwide. I honestly still don’t get why WB chooses to release this movie now...

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 3

Y'all are hilarious...I think I should dedicate this post to discussing the family movie scene for the rest of April-August, and wax at length about the genius of fat fluffy funny animals, ugly doll-like animals, cute pika pika animals, nostalgic toy animals, real-life looking scary animals, just talking animals, angry flying animals, and then the silent animal (who should really be talking - we have a few of those)...

See, there's not just a supers theme for this year...I'd much rather talk about the kids' movie theme this year which is, if one animal is good, a million more is better:)...WAY better than another "my favorite franchise is gonna make a $1 more than yours - ha ha" (cue Simpsons laugh:)...

7 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Nice hold for CM. With Easter and EG I think we'll see some great holds in the next 2 weeks.

And maybe even beyond those 2. 

Edited by tawasal

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It is a good film, and deserved to earn more. It is not totally dead in Asia, it is having above average word of mouth in some parts of Asia albeit in smaller countries like Singapore.

but yes, it is not doing well in key Asian markets like China and South Korea.

But to change director for the sequel? I mean if David Sandberg chooses not to return, then WB can think about changing directors. To “punish” a director by removing him when he made a great film, albeit a film that could not connect with some key markets, sounds like a silly move.

i honestly think the biggest issue is the release date.

There are people who said it is 1 month after CM, and 3 weeks before EG so impact will not be much, but we see that 1) presales hype of EG totally covered Shazam’s marketing in its final week and 2) it seems that casual moviegoers, who have not watch CM in the last month, is now catching CM before EG arrives - hence the small drops for CM.

It just seems that there is not a big enough room in April for another superhero film (from another brand) to gross like a 500/600m Worldwide. I honestly still don’t get why WB chooses to release this movie now...

Do you wanna hear the truth. If Shazam was really great as you say it is it would have definitely connected with audiences and CM or Endgame wouldn't have mattered... Now it doesn't appeal to core CBM fans as other CGI extravaganza fights and etc.. So I just suggested they might change director cause new director may take it new level. Look at Thor Ragnarok after Thor The Dark World.. I'm not saying the director is bad but sometimes audience doesn't click to that extent. Now if Shazam would have been a smashing success nobody would talk about changing directors... It's just hypothesis cause I'm no WB xD